What's new

Adele Makes Rust Halloween Costume For Her Son

Iconic British singer Adele made a homemade Rust costume for her son for Halloween. Appearing on stage during her Las Vegas residency, Adele opened up about her attempt to make a Rust costume for her son — but it wasn’t exactly easy.

“He wanted to go as a Rust character trick-or-treating,” she said as reported by VGC. “Now, that game hasn’t been franchised, you can’t even buy party decorations from Rust so I had to make a f**king outfit from scratch.”

Facepunch Studios' survival game Rust is a monster Steam hit, but hasn’t seen any tie-in merchandising other than a collaboration with gaming chair company Secret Labs and some YouTooz action figures. Put simply – you can’t just get a Rust costume off the shelf.

“Luckily I’m a wizard on Amazon,” she explained. “I can find anything. So, I made this very, very homemade outfit for Halloween. I can’t say that he really loved it. It felt very homemade, then I got stressed and he got stressed and we had a bit of an argument that I felt bad about.”

Unfortunately, there’s no hint of what Adele’s homemade costume looked like. But we’re willing to assume that after selling 120 million records worldwide, she probably did a decent job.

IGN’s Rust review gave it 7/10 and said: “Rust is an aggressively competitive survival game that thrives on conflict and trash talk. Other games are better at the individual components, like DayZ for the tense player interactions, Fortnite for the battle royale mode, or Subnautica for the survival gameplay, but Rust blends lesser versions of all three together in a way that works. For competitive players who want a mix of survival and crafting, Rust is the best there is; for everyone else, there are plenty of other games.”

Want to read more about Rust? Check out why Rust 2 won’t be a Unity game and find out where it sits among the 10 best survival games of all time.

Ryan Leston is an entertainment journalist and film critic for IGN. You can follow him on Twitter.

Continue reading...