Gaming News

Everyone can post news here. The news posted here could be anything from gaming to world news. This section will be monitored fairly heavily.
Hardcore mode has been a time-honored Diablo tradition going back to Diablo II, challenging players with the possibility of permanent death. But what happens if your Hardcore character happens to stumble into one of Diablo IV's Fields of Hatred? Well, watch your back. Asked whether are consequences for Hardcore characters who die in Diablo IV's PvP, Blizzard community director Adam Fletcher said simply, "Permadeath." In other words, it's time to roll a new character. Hardcore players will want to watch their step then, since the Fields of Hatred can be entered at will on Diablo IV's open-world. There players can collect Shards of Hatred by killing other players as well as monsters. The areas also feature special vendors that serve...
Today, Woot is offering the open box Meta Quest 2 256GB VR headset for only $330.56. Note that this is the larger capacity 256GB model. That's a rather significant price drop for what is already one of the least expensive VR headsets on the market. The lower capacity 128GB model normally retails for $399.99 new and the 256GB model for $499.99 new. Woot's fine print: "The units in this sale are being sold as open box condition. That means that they have been opened due to being a photo sample, a tested good customer return or having damaged packaging. Some non-essential items may be missing from the box. The unit may not be shipped in retail packaging. That is the reason for the reduced sale price and the reduced warranty." After...
The winners of the Gayming Awards 2023 have been announced, with Cult of the Lamb, Stray, Wylde Flowers and more winning big at this year's celebration of LGBTQ+ representation within video games. Revealed during a live awards show in New York City, Cult of the Lamb beat Elden Ring, God of War: Ragnarok, and Arcade Spirits: The New Challengers to take home the Game of the Year trophy. Ashly Burch also took home the Gayming Icon Award as recognition for her contributions to the LGBTQ+ community through voicing so many LGBTQ+ characters like Horizon: Forbidden West's Aloy and Life is Strange's Chloe. Seven more streamers were also inducted into Gayming Magazine's Rising Star Class as Gayming Ambassadors for their "significant...
The US Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals has ruled in favor of Apple's App Store policies, saying that it doesn't violate federal antitrust law. The ruling confirms an earlier decision in an antitrust case brought by Epic Games, Bloomberg reports. The latest decision is another blow to Epic in its ongoing dispute with Apple over the 30 percent cut it takes in in-app purchases. The dispute resulted in Fortnite being removed from the App Store — a deliberate PR play intended to weaponize the battle royale's vast fanbase. The case has been wending its way through the courts ever since, with the latest decision in favor of Apple. However, the court also upheld a 2021 ruling that the App Store violate California's unfair competition law...
Deep Silver and Dambuster Studios announced that Dead Island 2 has sold over 1 million copies within the first three days of release. “Dead Island 2 has won fans from around the world with countless players snapping up a copy of the drop dead gore-geous game in the first 72 hours,” Deep Silver said in a press release. Furthermore, in-game stats were revealed detailing how many players did certain actions. Thus far, players have slayed 1.1 billion zombies, hacked off 756 million zombie limbs, and sliced 45 million zombies in half. Additionally, players spent a combined total of 11 million hours with the game and collectively died 28 million times so far. The latter number is also over twice the population of the game’s setting, Los...
A supermajority of workers at Sega of America have announced today that they have formed a union under the Communications Workers of America, and are asking for voluntary recognition from company management. The group, which is based out of Irvine, California, consists of 144 workers in departments such as brand marketing, games as a service, localization, marketing services, QA, product development, ops, and more. Referring to themselves as "AEGIS-CWA," they have filed for a union election with the National Labor Relations Board, which will take place unless Sega of America management chooses to voluntarily recognize the union first. AEGIS has stated the following goals in its mission statement: Higher base pay for all, following...
Alone, Redfall is creepy. The town is littered with stories of people who were attacked by or turned into vampires when the vampire gods took over the once-charming island town. Wandering through dark houses and caves with only a flashlight to guide the way heightens tension, even when armed. Developer Arkane Austin knows how to craft a menacing atmosphere. However, adding other players to Redfall noticeably changed the odds. Together we made quick work of basic vampires, their cult followers, and the mercenary group intent on taking us down. Instead of quiet mutters in the dark, there was camaraderie. And what was once a potentially chilling challenge through an infested city became a hunting party ready to take on the biggest baddies...
Ubisoft has said that it is unlikely The Division 2 will see native PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X|S versions as that would mean leaving behind players who are playing on the last generation of consoles. Speaking to MP1st, creative director Yannick Banchereau explained why Ubisoft hadn’t released a new version of the game on current generation consoles. “That’s unlikely because if we really wanted to take full advantage of those, since we only have one version of the game that is available on all platforms, taking full advantage of those would mean that the game would no longer be available on the old generations,” he said. Beanchereau continued: “We still have a lot of players that play on all generations and we are not ready to...
Call of Duty: The Board Game, a tabletop adaptation of Activision's seminal shooter series, has been announced with a 2024 release window. A Kickstarter campaign for the strategy game will launch this fall. As reported by Variety, the Call of Duty tabletop game comes from Arcane Wonders, the company behind Sheriff of Nottingham and Onitama. It's set within the rebooted Modern Warfare timeline and will feature maps and weapons from the games. Designer Bryan Pope also told Polygon: "[Players] simultaneously plan out [their] moves secretly and then resolve those at the same time out on the map. Line of sight is easily determined by colored lines on the map, and when you do have eyes on your opponent, combat happens. It’s all about...
For the past week our crew at IGN has been blasting and slashing our way through Respawn and EA's much-anticipated action-RPG sequel. Today we can finally share that on Wednesday, April 26 at 8:00am Pacific time, you'll be able to read and watch our review of Star Wars Jedi: Survivor. (In case you missed it, the release date is April 28!) Since I reviewed Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order in 2019 and lived to tell the tale, I'm following up covering Cal Kestis' latest adventure. That's about all I can say about it for now, but we'll see you back here on Wednesday for the full review. In the meantime, we've got plenty of info to whet your appetite, from raw gameplay to in-depth breakdowns of the new lightsaber fighting stances, and much...
This might be the absolute best Star Wars Jedi Survivor deal we see before release day on April 28. You can currently get 20% off select purchases from trusted retailers at eBay, and this includes the Star Wars Jedi Survivor listing at The Game Collection. Down to just £50.36 after using the promo code APRIL20 at checkout, you're saving a total of £19.64 on your preorder. That's not all, if you're on Xbox you could get a digital copy of the game for just £45.85 from ShopTo instead. These are probably the best deals we're going to see before the game hits shelves on Friday, and just over £24 off the original list price for the game. Check these discounts out below with our handy links. TL;DR - Best UK Deals Right Now Best Star Wars...
Let's start your working week with all of the best bargains on games that are actually worth acquiring. No filler. No fat. Just the best prices on critically acclaimed cream of the crop, and maybe the odd cult-hit that was shortchanged in my opinion. This Day in Gaming - FlOw (PSP) launch, 2008. Buy - Mario Kart Wii (Wii) launch, 2008. Sequel - Time Crisis 4 (PS3) launch, 2008. - The World Ends With You (DS) launch, 2008. Sequel - Little King’s Story (Wii) launch, 2009. Buy - Trials Fusion (PC) launch, 2014. Sequel Table of Contents Nintendo Switch PC Xbox PlayStation Notable Sales for Nintendo Switch Expiring recent deals Back to top Purchase Cheaply for PC Expiring recent deals Back to top Exciting Offers for XO/XS...
The daily deals for Sunday, April 23 include a Tears of the Kingdom preorder for $59.99 ($10 cheaper than everyone else), a $10 preorder discount on Star Wars Jedi Survivor, and a whole lot more, including the still-available preorders for the Nintendo Switch OLED Tears of the Kingdom Edition. Cheers! Preorder The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom (Switch) for $59.99 Tears of the Kingdom is out on May 12, and it costs $69.99 nearly everywhere. SuperShop has a nice discount though, costing just $59.99 when you use our exclusive coupon code "IGNZLDA". SuperShop used to be called Daily Steals. They are a legitimate site; we've ordered physical games from them ourselves in the past and they've always arrived in new, unopened...
Just because it's the weekend doesn't mean there aren't some good deals going on right now. You can still use the code IGNZLDA to secure The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom for $59.99, plus one of the best low-cost TCL 4KTVs is back down to its must-grab sale price. Here are the bestb deals for April 22, 2023. Use Code 'IGNZLDA' to Save $10 on Tears of the Kingdom There are few games as anticipated in 2023 as The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom, and I'm not just speaking for myself here. The vast majority of people are pretty stoked on it, and those who aren't don't need to explain themselves. To each their own, I say. Use the code IGNZLDA to get $10, making it the same price as every other new Switch game. Save $10 on...
Free-to-play games have risen in prominence in recent years, flooding the market with titles that you can sink dozens if not hundreds of hours into without spending a thing. With so many games and so much variety, it can be daunting to sift through the catalogue and pick one to play. If you’re playing on PS5, we’ve collated some of the best choices for free-to-play games in 2023. Each of the PS5 games below are free to start playing, but some of the aspects of these games may cost money. Things that aren't part of the base free game often include expansions and cosmetic upgrades. Fortnite An unsurprising entry for the list, Fortnite is a mega hit that continues to take the world by storm. This stylized battle royale game has a...
Destiny's preeminent coupon cutter, Xûr, is now live in Destiny 2 for the weekend until next week's reset. If you're looking to get your some shiny new Exotic armor or weapons for your Guardian, look no further. Each week, Xûr has a random assortment of Exotic armor, one for each Guardian class, as well as a random Exotic Weapon and an Exotic Engram available for purchase. In addition to his Exotic wares, he's got a random collection of Legendary weapons and armor to deck out your Guardians. We've rounded up all the info on Xûr for the week including where to find Xûr, which Exotic weapons and armor are available, as well as which Legendary weapons you should pick up, either for PvE or PvP. Where Is Xûr Today? Xûr's location today...
Japanese role-playing games are more available and accessible than ever before. However, there are very few traditional games that allow multiple people to party up and play through its story together. Square Enix’s Mana franchise and Bandai Namco’s Tales of series are probably the best known for this in the past. Among some other one off titles, Trinity Trigger aims to add to that short list. While there seems to be a lack of depth in combat and how interesting the world is remains to be seen, Trinity Trigger’s first impression shows potential. A young man named Cyan stars in Trinity Trigger as the Warrior of Chaos, and along with friends Elise and Zantis in tow they are traveling the world of Trinitia to find the Weapons of the Gods...
I didn’t know I needed a cosmic horror-fueled fishing game in my life – at least, not until I played Dredge. It’s not exactly a full-blown management sim ala Fishing Planet, but this 12-hour expedition through haunted open waters is both mysterious and compelling enough to tickle my brain and tug on all the right heartstrings. I felt possessed into flinging myself overboard with an unhinged smile cast across my lips, like one of its many macabre characters. …Figuratively speaking. Starting small and slow is a challenge, but upgrading my fishing boat led Dredge to spout forth a flurry of meaningful improvements to my fishing speed, inventory capacity, and my ability to scope out and evade the plethora of dangers that might rear their...
It’s AI Week at IGN, and we’ve spent the last few days looking at everything from if AI will spell doom for animation, why ChatGPT is everywhere, and even how AI can change games forever. To end the festivities, we thought it’d be fun to look back at some of the best examples of AI in movies, TV, and games and have you decide which character is the best. From HAL 9000 to Cortana to GLaDOS to Skynet, there have been a ton of examples of AI that can stand shoulder-to-shoulder with the best we organics have to offer. Now, we understand the line between AI and robots can be a thin one, but we think some of our more advanced robotic and android friends are just as alive as we are and deserve some love in this Face-Off. Do you think...
A UK insurance company is now offering a Dead Island 2 life insurance policy that will pay for bereaved friends to travel to Los Angeles for a zombie-themed wake. As reported by VGC, the Dead Happy life insurance company, which offers a variety of different life insurance packages (with some quirkier than others), is offering the Dead Island 2 package for £8,000. "Send your mates to the real LA for a zombie cocktail fuelled party before it goes to hell," reads the insurance description. "A wake to end all wakes, in your honour." The package covers funeral expenses as well as the booze-fuelled trip, insisting that "we should all die responsibly". Dead Happy makes clear, however, that it can't force someone's friends to travel to LA...
The old guard is in town as Cardy, Dale, and Alex talk about some hot new video games that you can play with your fingers. Dead Island 2 is finally out after a decade of development. Was it worth the wait, though? Maybe you'll find out if you listen. The new Burning Shores DLC for Horizon Forbidden West is here as well as the remasters of Advance Wars 1 and 2. Dredge is also bangin'. Good times are had. Plus, Alex spends the best part of 20 minutes telling us about his Orlando holiday. It's all good stuff. Oh, and the Endless Search returns. What film have you seen the most times? What's the best toilet ever? Drop us an email: ign_ukfeedback@ign.com. IGN UK Podcast 693: Ranking the Best Orlando Theme Park Toilets IGN UK Podcast...
You may have heard Disney Speedstorm was going to launch as a free-to-play kart racer from the crew behind Gameloft’s long-running Asphalt series. In fact, you may have heard this because that’s what we told you about it back when it was unveiled in June last year. Well, that’s changed. It’s still a kart racer from the Asphalt team, but it’s not actually going to officially launch in its free-to-play state until late 2023 or early 2024. What we have in its place is an “Early Access” version of Speedstorm that just… costs money to play – which, of course, is how all good video games worked before the game industry started copying the gambling industry’s homework. However, despite packing an entirely decent brand of arcade racing action...
Thank your own personal deity—possibly the Animal King Turret—it's Friday. Today marks the 12-year anniversary of Portal 2, top ten hall of famer for funniest game ever made. It stands the test of time better than a cryogenically frozen Test Subject. Stephen Merchant was perfectly cast as an Intelligence Dampening Sphere, as was J. K. Simmons as the eccentric dead billionaire Cave Johnson. Buy this masterpiece. Full price if needs be. This Day in Gaming - Portal 2 (PC, PS3, X360) launch, 2011. Get - SOCOM 4 (PS3) launch, 2011. - Conduit 2 (Wii) launch, 2011. Table of Contents Nintendo Switch PC Xbox PlayStation LEGO Notable Sales for Nintendo Switch Expiring recent deals Back to top Purchase Cheaply for PC Expiring recent...
Tomb Raider has a chartered history, with Lara Croft delving into ruins and tombs all over the world. Overcoming any and all obstacles set in her path, Lara has elevated herself into an exclusive and lauded pantheon of iconic video game protagonists. With a new Tomb Raider currently in development at Crystal Dynamics and therefore a new Lara adventure on the horizon, we’ve created a chronological list of every Tomb Raider game so those interested can start (or restart) their spelunking adventures from the very beginning. Jump to: How to play in chronological order How to play in release order How Many Tomb Raider Games Are There? There are a total of 19 Tomb Raider games that have been released as of 2023. These games are split...
It seems like every video game franchise is getting a film adaptation these days, but one popular game you probably won't see on the big screen anytime soon is Fortnite, according to Epic Games' chief creative officer Donald Mustard. In an interview with Collider, Mustard said the company was not "actively working on" a Fortnite movie at the moment, but then explained that a future adaptation is still a possibility: "To me, I wanna do stuff that always just feels authentic and is a great story," he said. "And so, it's not something we're actively working on right now. I'm not gonna say it would never happen. In fact, I mean, I know exactly how I would do the Fortnite whatever. Exactly. I know exactly the story I’d want to, but it's...
The Street Fighter 6 Showcase has not only revealed that a demo for the latest entry in the legendary fighting franchise is available now on PS5 and PS4 and soon on other platforms, but it also announced who the Year 1 DLC fighters will be alongside new details for the single-player World Tour mode. Let's start with the demo, which will let players check out a bit of the World Tour Mode and certain modes in Fighting Ground. Furthermore, players will be able to use the extensive Avatar creator to build their very own fighter that can be imported into the full game when it is released on June 2, 2023. The demo is available right now for PS5 and PS4, and it will arrive on Xbox Series X, Xbox One, and Steam on April 26. Street Fighter 6...
Fntastic has announced that its highly anticipated yet controversial MMO The Day Before is getting a beta, and has promised it won't be delayed between now and its launch on November 10, 2023. Kentain, an administrator on The Day Before's official Discord, posted there to say the game will definitely hit its November release date "without any further delay". The beta test will take place "as we get closer to the release date", they added, but no specific date or window was shared. "This will give players the opportunity to try out the game before it is released and provide valuable feedback that we can use to improve the final product. We will provide more details on the beta test as we approach the release date, so be sure to stay...
The next game from the team behind Tetris Effect, called Humanity, is finally on the way next month. The bizarre people-leading puzzler is headed to PS4, PS5, and Steam on May 16, 2023. Humanity is, well, a bit of a strange one, but in an appealing sort of way. It was first announced back in 2019 as a puzzle game where a Shiba Inu directs massive crowds through puzzle environments, and we've seen a few more glimpses of it since. The humans are seemingly "on their way to salvation," and must be directed through various obstacles to get there. Humanity will include a story mode as well as a stage creator that allows players to share their creations with friends, similar to Super Mario Maker or LittleBigPlanet. Despite how all that may...
Though Diablo IV recently went gold after a lengthy development, that hasn't stopped the team at Blizzard from iterating and planning for the future of their upcoming live-service action RPG -- a fact that will be on full display during it's recently announced beta weekend scheduled for May 12th. Hot on the heels of their first two beta weekends, which featured the full first act of Diablo 4's campaign, the developers have moved quickly to implement a whole host of changes based on player feedback, which includes everything from character class balances to dungeon reworks, and even changes to the fonts used. Among those developers are game director Joe Shely and associate game director Joseph Piepiora, who I had a chance to sit down...
While inflation has been cooling down in a lot of places, Sony has quietly raised PlayStation game prices on Steam in select regions. ResetEra user Chairmanchuck spotted the price increases for PS4 and PS5 on SteamDB affecting several regions, including Argentina, Canada, Chile, China, Colombia, Japan, and South Korea. The games that have been affected by inflated prices include Sackboy, Returnal (which was ported over to PC back in February), Marvel's Spider-Man Remastered, Marvel's Spider-Man: Miles Morales, Horizon Zero Dawn, Days Gone, and God of War (2018). According to PlayStation Lifestyle (who confirmed the findings), the aforementioned games experienced price jumps on Steam between April 14 and April 19. However, how much...