What's new

Thirsty Suitors Gets a November 2023 Release Date

Thirsty Suitors is a very unique game that features turn-based combat against your exes, skateboarding, cooking, and so much more, and it will be released on PS5, PS4, Xbox Series X/S (Game Pass!), Xbox One, PC, and Switch on November 2, 2023.

Thirsty Suitors was featured at the Annapurna Interactive Showcase and we also got a new trailer that shows off some of the adventures ahead for Jala, who must learn to "handle her demanding parents, reconcile with her exes, and mend broken friendships in time for her sister's wedding."

As if that wasn't enough packed into a game, Thirsty Suitors is also a stylish celebration of South Asian culture that takes great inspiration from the developers' lived experiences.

Each of Thirsty Suitors' gameplay sections look to have depth to them, with the combat featuring upgrades, special abilities, and even a mood system that looks to let you strike at your foe's vulnerabilities. Similarly, skating has a ton of tricks, combos, and challenges to complete and cooking will see Jala repairing her relationship with her mom and cooking South Asian-inspired dishes.

In our Thirsty Suitors preview, we said, "This is a game that knows it’s silly and isn’t afraid to poke fun at itself, making light of Jala’s situation without ever ridiculing her... There’s a few things I wish I could’ve gotten a more in-depth look at, like reconnecting with your parents through cooking, fending off the random suitors, and 1v3 battles. I’m sure we’ll see these in time but for now at least, what I’ve seen looks promising."

Have a tip for us? Want to discuss a possible story? Please send an email to newstips@ign.com.

Adam Bankhurst is a news writer for IGN. You can follow him on Twitter
@AdamBankhurst and on Twitch.

Continue reading...