What's new

The Best EOFY Gaming Deals in Australia for 2024!

It's time to get busy bargain huntin' in the second-best time of the year—end of financial. I've scoured every store worth shopping in for the cheapest prices on the games worth caring about. I'm also all about hooking you up with free things. Four of those await you below. Check back tomorrow for more, because I see some extra ones on my radar.

In retro news, I'm celebrating the 31st birthday of Starwing, aka the PAL version progenitor of the Star Fox series. Interestingly, its N64 sequel was named Lylat Wars, at which point Nintendo Europe said, "Screw it, we'll just use the US naming convention from here on out." Starwing is the shoot 'em up that deserves special acclaim as the first hardware-accelerated 3D gaming experience on a home console (courtesy of the Super FX chip). And though the 15 frames per second are tough to endure in a modern replay, there's no denying this blew my '93 mind like a Smart Bomb to the brain.

This Day in Gaming

Aussie birthdays for notable games.

- Donkey Kong (G&W) 1982. Ebay

- Starwing (SNES) 1993. Get

- Split/Second: Velocity (PC,PS3,X360) 2010. Get

Table of Contents

[H1]Nice Savings for Nintendo Switch[/H1]

Expiring Recent Deals

Hardware Watch

How much to make the switch to Switch?

[H1]Purchase Cheaply for PC[/H1]

Expiring Recent Deals

Hardware Watch

Slay your pile of shame.

[H1]Exciting Bargains for Xbox[/H1]

Expiring Recent Deals

Hardware Watch

How many bucks for a Box?

[H1]Pure Scores for PlayStation[/H1]

Expiring Recent Deals

Hardware Watch

How much you'll pay to Station.

Adam Mathew is our Aussie deals wrangler. He plays practically everything, often on YouTube.

Continue reading...