What's new

The Art of System Shock Explores the Development of the Game Remake

It's safe to say Night Dive Studios' remake of System Shock is one of the most hotly anticipated releases of 2023, and that release is just around the corner. But System Shock fans have another project to look forward to in early 2024 - a hardcover art book called The Art of System Shock.

A collaboration between Dark Horse Books and Night Dive, The Art of System Shock aims to peel back the curtain of development on the remake. Expect plenty of developer commentary and behind-the-scenes anecdotes, along with a wealth of concept art detailing the Citadel space station, the games' varied enemies and props and more.

Here's a look at the official cover art for The Art of System Shock:

The Art of System Shock is a 192-page hardcover book priced at $49.99. It's slated for release in bookstores on February 13, 2024 and in comic shops on Febriary 14, 2024.

The System Shock remake was delayed from its original release date in March to now May 30 on PC. The PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X|S versions will follow after its launch on PC, but no date has been solidified yet. The game's Kickstarter page first launched back in 2016.

In IGN’s System Shock remake preview, we said: “With the short time I had with System Shock Remake, I could see that Citadel Station feels like a character unto itself, and I’m looking forward to taking a deep dive into and learning the mysteries that lurk within.”

Jesse is a mild-mannered staff writer for IGN. Allow him to lend a machete to your intellectual thicket by following @jschedeen on Twitter.

Continue reading...