What's new

Street Fighter 6 DLC Character A.K.I. Gets a Teaser Trailer at EVO 2023

Street Fighter 6 DLC character A.K.I. has received a teaser trailer and a re-confirmed Autumn 2023 release window at EVO 2023.

A.K.I., who is a newcomer to the world of Street Fighter, is a "maniacal poison aficionado" who "can't wait to sink her nails into her opponents." The gameplay trailer that arrived at EVO shows exactly what that means as she is seen creepily attacking a player character with poison and then describing with a lot of joy the horrible things that is about to happen to them due to it.

A maniacal poison aficionado, A.K.I. can't wait to sink her nails into her opponents in autumn 2023.

💅 Feed your obsession with her by keeping your eyes peeled for more details to come. #StreetFighter6 pic.twitter.com/POp8fE3OiR

— Street Fighter (@StreetFighter) August 7, 2023

A.K.I. will be the second DLC character to be added to Street Fighter 6 after Rashid, and she will be available in World Tour, Battle Hub, and Fighting Ground. Speaking of Rashid, he will be available on July 24 as part of the Year 1 Character Pass, which will get you Rashid, A.K.I., Ed, and Akuma.

This teaser trailer wasn't the only treat for Street Fighter 6 fans as Capcom also revealed a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles crossover would be arriving in the game on August 8. This collaboration will see TMNT-themed items, emotes, and more added to Street Fighter 6, and there will even be costumes which more or less turn your character into their favorite turtle.

EVO 2023 was filled with fighting game announcements, including details on Guilty Gear Strive's Season 3, new characters joining Mortal Kombat 1 and Tekken 8, and the reveal of the first Fatal Fury game since 1999.

For more on Street Fighter, check out our reactions to the Rashid DLC, how SF6 just hit 2 million units sold, and our favorite quality of life features in this latest entry.

Have a tip for us? Want to discuss a possible story? Please send an email to newstips@ign.com.

Adam Bankhurst is a news writer for IGN. You can follow him on Twitter
@AdamBankhurst and on Twitch.

Continue reading...