What's new

Steam Summer Sale 2023 Is Live

The Steam Summer Sale, that most special event of the summer, is now live, and for only the second time since release, the Steam Deck is on sale.

All three versions of the Steam Deck are discounted, with the biggest discount going to the most expensive 512GB version. The 64GB version is marked down 10% to $359.10, the 256GB version is marked down 15% to $449.95 and the 512GB with the premium screen is marked down 20% to $519.20.

Valve's nice little handheld PC-gaming machine is a great bargain, and it's basically how Valve is trying to lure you into their Steam ecosystem to buy games on sale several times a year. I can't tell you how many PC games I own, that I bought on sale, that I've literally never even installed. It's a lot, and I don't even care! I would have spent that money on something dumb, anyway.

Best Steam Summer Sale Games

Most Popular Steam Deck Verified Game Deals

Valve put together a list of the 100 most popular games on the Steam Deck, and a sizeable majority of them are on sale right now.

Check out the main page to see a rotating selection of all the best deals at the Steam Summer Sale.

If you're getting yourself a Steam Deck, you're going to want to grab a few Steam Deck accessories. They're not required, but they'll make your experience that much nicer, and honestly, isn't it worth it for the peace of mind? Here are our top picks for the best Steam Deck accessories.

If you're looking to save even more while you expand your storage, we have a guide to the best deals on Steam microSD cards to help you spend your money a little more wisely. Or don't! I'm not your dad.

There's also nothing in the law prohibiting you from just buying a gaming laptop and using that to play your games on the go. In fact, we also have a guide to the best gaming laptop deals, as well as a guide to our picks for the best gaming laptops. Even better, we have a guide to the best Dell and Alienware deals, too, and they make some mighty fine gaming laptops and desktops.

When Does the Steam Summer Sale End?

The Steam Summer Sale kicked off on June 29 and runs through July 13, which means there's a good chance you have a pay period somewhere in those two weeks. A perfect excuse to blow it all on games.

Seth Macy is Executive Editor, IGN Commerce, and just wants to be your friend. You can find him hosting the Nintendo Voice Chat podcast.

Continue reading...