What's new

Steam Deck (512GB) Drops to Just £375 in Remarkable New Deal for the UK

Man, we thought that the last eBay discount code was wild, now there is a new one in town! If you missed out on copping a new game, console, or any other item from an eligible seller in the last offer, now is your chance to make ammends!

You can once again go and get your hands on a new Steam Deck. If you head over to eBay and use the promo code JANPAY20, you can bag yourself a 512GB Steam Deck for £375 from verified seller The Game Collection Outlet (we've recommended them many times!).

If you want something smaller, then you might have to monitor this deal untill it ends on Wednesday 31st, because you could get the 64GB model for £288 and the 256GB model for £315, but both of those are currently sold out unfortunately.

All round, pretty tidy savings there. However, this deal will expire at 11:59 PM on January 31st, so don't delay if you're looking to secure the offer.

It's worth noting that this deal is just for the baseline Steamdeck, not the OLED model. If you're not too sure on the difference, some key things set them apart. The most prominent of these, as you may have guessed, is the fact that the OLED model comes with, well, and OLED display (the original Steamdeck is an LCD screen). This OLED screen gives a slightly crisper end product.

The OLED model is also a touch more power efficient, this is especially true in low-light settings, so you can keep playing for longer. All this being said, the OLED model is a few hundred quid more expensive and the original model is still a fantastic piece of kit.

Now I can already hear you starting to wonder, "But what about Steam Deck 2, when can we have that?" And to that I say, be patient, greedy guts. It's not been long since we got the OLED model, and it's likely to be a good few years before we see a brand-new model coming out. That's not just me guessing, Valve designer Laurence Yang himself said: "A true next-gen Deck with a significant bump in horsepower wouldn’t be for a few years.”

Joe O'Neill-Parker is a freelance writer and audio producer. He is the owner of O'Neill Multimedia. He writes commerce, sports, and audio-related tech articles for IGN.

Continue reading...