What's new

Starfield Players Are Finding Its Funniest Bugs, From Levitating NPCs to Missing Heads

While bugs in new games are far from uncommon, Bethesda Game Studios has a certain reputation for them - especially for those that happen to be both harmless and hilarious (there are more than a few compilations of the funniest Skyrim bugs out there). Starfield, while being less buggy than other Bethesda releases, most certainly still has a few, and a lot of them are predictably absurd.

Users on social media platform X (formerly Twitter) and the Starfield subreddit have been posting all about the funny bugs and glitches they have encountered as they venture across the Settled Systems. Some on Reddit have reported, for example, watching NPCs missing half their bodies while standing in their ship; some see characters randomly floating in the air for no reason at all. One Redditor under the username TheRogu3DM found a bug where he heard loud gunshots and banging noises but could not find where the noise was coming from.

If you want a spooky glitch, other users have reported NPCs missing their heads.

And then there is, of course, more levitating. For example, an X user named Woodic3 encountered a bug where Vasco was walking in the air, as seen below.

#Starfield Vasco can Fly SKILL BUG! pic.twitter.com/yfM9qaUFpc

— Woodic (@Woodic3) September 1, 2023

MissMikkaa, (who's perhaps best known for the incredible feat of defeating Elden Ring's Malenia using a dance pad), meanwhile, posted a video where bunch of NPCs were waiting outside her spaceship and watching them all fall as the ship departs the planet.

The way they fell in the end

Favorite bug in Starfield so far! pic.twitter.com/KtUzgfZBv3

— MissMikkaa (@MissMikkaa) September 4, 2023

One X user that goes by alexavard95 discovered a bug where he saw multiple NPCs wearing nothing but bras and underwear walking in unison and entering a room one by one.

Well, that's a new one. You can see the moment I do a double take. pic.twitter.com/fyvoryojhe

— Alex Avard (@alexavard95) September 7, 2023

But the bug I personally find the most hilarious is one where user dethnova9 is talking to an NPC while another NPC in the background is heading in their direction and briefly walks right into the NPC the player is conversing with, only to stop and start checking out the NPC from a few different angles. It's awkward and perfect.

My first starfield bug lol i call it “ checking out the goods” lmaoo #xbox #xboxshare #StarField #bugs #Bethesda pic.twitter.com/paX9LwllCU

— Dethnova9™️ (@dethnova9) September 5, 2023

In our review of Starfield, which we awarded a 7 out of 10, IGN said: "Starfield has a lot of forces working against it, but eventually the allure of its expansive roleplaying quests and respectable combat make its gravitational pull difficult to resist."

If you are starting your journey into the Settled Systems, check out our guides on the first things you should do when starting, the best traits and backgrounds to pick, and things Starfield does not tell you.

Taylor is a Reporter at IGN. You can follow her on Twitter @TayNixster.

Continue reading...