What's new

/Spawn command

Laithes

Level 47
Nov 26, 2010
Credits
The /spawn command currently causes nothing but abuse/noob-ish use. A lot of people use it to avoid PvP and mobs, therefore the cool-down either needs to be lengthened to around 10 minutes or removed entirely.

Dannie

Level 29
Jul 3, 2011
Credits
Hey Laithes. This is a tricky one to tackle as if someone runs in and dies outside of spawn then resurrects at their faction home, they practically have a 10minute period doing nothing. And if they don't die by a player but to a mob they wont have a chance to retrieve the gear they lost.

What is exactly happening currently? Would an extended Cast time help?

- Dannie

Laithes

Level 47
Nov 26, 2010
Credits
Well, if we get into chases and a person gets far enough ahead to have enough time to /spawn but not enough distance to /f home. Also, people will run out of spawn, kill someone and then /f home. And if you want to get to spawn more quickly, buy a stargate.

Laithes

Level 47
Nov 26, 2010
Credits
Well, if you get rid of the command entirely, it creates an incentive to either rack up enough cash to buy a stargate or pay to become a tier 2 donator to get a"free" stargate.

Johnyboy678

Level 3
Jul 10, 2011
Credits
I completely and utterly DISAGREE.

I understand when it comes to PvP avoid, but there is absolutely no need for a 10 minute cool down.

The only change I will agree with is adding a 5 second casting period. (5 seconds after you type /spawn, you are teleported).

--- merged: Jul 10, 2011 at 11:25 PM ---

Also, /F home being remove / editted isn't an option. If you can't keep up with someone running to get the chance to type /spawn and wait a 5-10 second cast, then it's on you, not them.