What's new

Seth MacFarlane Claims Epic 'Didn't Have the Budget' to Create Peter Griffin's Actual Body in Fortnite

Seth MacFarlane has revealed why Epic Games included Family Guy’s Peter Griffin in Fortnite with a more muscular body than fans are used to.

The comedy creator spoke about why the strange but hilarious change was made during a conversation with IGN at the premiere of Peacock's new Ted series. Although the details are a bit fuzzy, it does clear the air at least a little bit.

“He’s very muscular in there, right?” MacFarlane said. “I was told that they didn’t have the budget to create his actual body…”

Seth MacFarlane on Peter Griffin in Fortnite: “I had to have someone explain to me what the f*ck Fortnite is… and then I said, ‘well that sounds kinda cool!’” pic.twitter.com/gMZrVi16nT

— IGN (@IGN) January 12, 2024

The Ted creator went on, comparing Peter Griffin’s ripped new Fortnite physique to a ‘90s TV Guide cover.

“So, it was like that TV Guide cover from the ‘90s, where they put Oprah’s head on Ann-Margret’s body. Anybody remember that?”

It’s a story that could’ve been straight out of an episode of Family Guy. Although we don’t know how exactly budget played a part in Peter Griffin’s transformation, at least we know a bit more about the discussions behind the scenes.

IGN has reached out to Epic Games for clarification on the reasoning behind Peter Griffin’s ripped new look.

Sharing more about Peter Griffin's inclusion in Fortnite, MacFarlane said he was one of the few people who didn't even know what Fortnite was before being approached about it.

“I had to have somebody explain to me what the fuck Fortnite is,” he said. “And I said, ‘Well, that sounds kinda cool. Yeah, why not, let’s do it!”

For more, check out our review of Peacock's Ted, which we gave a 6/10.

Michael Cripe is a freelance contributor with IGN. He started writing in the industry in 2017 and is best known for his work at outlets such as The Pitch, The Escapist, OnlySP, and Gameranx.

Be sure to give him a follow on Twitter @MikeCripe.

Continue reading...