Apr 6, 2015
Credits
| steamname: Grizzlywood
| steam3ID: [U:1:249972988]
| steamID32: STEAM_0:0:124986494
| steamID64: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198210238716
| customURL:
| steamrep: http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198210238716

I was recently banned from server for speedhacking which I was not responsible for. The first time I noticed it was while fleeing an encounter against the King's KoS squad after my gathering partner was slain. To my relief and stupefaction I was actually getting away, I made it to safety indoors and immediatly logged off to try fix the issue and contacted Wren. First relog did not fix the issue so I went on to reboot steam, by the time I was back I had been banned.

Since then it has happened twice while playing on my old RP/PVP server, once after a disconnect; I called server admin to try help, he coudn't do anything about it. Another time after a hacker was changing everyones colour and size causing massive lag spikes. The issue was remedied only after a full steam reboot.

I played on sameteem server with friends for quite a long time before it was even whitelisted, the reason I joined in first place was to escape the plague of hackers. Never had issues or complaints on server until that bug occured.

Mar 31, 2015
Credits
I have played with Calder(grizzlywood) since the start of my Adventure on ROK, We have played over 80+ hours on Sameteem He has never experienced these "Speed" Hacks before, which was infact a Glitch within the game remember its Alpha... I can vouch for calder i trust him completely. I just hope you guys can see this. And hopefully remove this ban so he can enjoy his time with us, and the rest of the Sameteem Crew. I hope this can be overlooked and put this down to development issues.

Admin

Level 50
Staff member
Administrator
Feb 16, 2011
Credits
After reviewing the evidence it's clear that you are not telling the full story here.

Your partner attacked first although that's irrelevant.
You waited a few times for him to catch up and then continued the fight before running away full speed again.
You did not run straight in to your base you sped straight past your door then circled back later.
After you finally got in your base you waited a fair amount of time to actually log off.

Also from the video I can't see David anywhere in it so his vouch is worth very little.

Give us the full story.

Mar 31, 2015
Credits
I was merely Vouching for him as a legit player, he wouldn't have knowingly used this glitch to his advantage he doesn't notice the difference until played back via "video" or someone else seeing this. These sort of things happen's everyday it's a buggy game, these things happen unintentionally people are going to have to deal with these bugs and glitches throughout the development process. Our group of lads have been around awhile, I would be disappointed to see something like this so severely handled specially when its wasn't ones fault. The game is laggy the server is laggy. He got a disconnect at some point on low or next to nothing stamina(which have been a known reason to how this bug can happen, from research) And if he hadn't have been running around gathering previously he wouldn't have noticed it before. Only after in playback or shortly after seeing he lost them in combat quickly he would have realized. Only because this happened to be captured on "video" that one's look on things can be changed. And another case to be dismissed. When you are under attack you don't tend to look at your surrounding's once you're running for your life. I sure as hell don't, So if someone is chasing he isn't going to look how fast hes going they are thinking "shit run!" This is generally no offence to my friend Calder hes not so bright to go about exploiting glitches on purpose, Hes the one who's always asking the questions on how to do the simplest things. So all i ask is that you take into consideration about the stage of the game at this time, Not just this combat scenario where it was caught on camera and all the little kiddies who fanboy... and just call hacks soon as they see "Hussian Bolt" This is going to happen a lot more and whilst time is wasted on simple appeal like this real hackers are still roaming and being very subtle about there actions. As someone pointed out, If someone is going to blatantly hack specially on camera they are going to go guns blazing if they knew they would get banned. So they would spawn items, in TP, and give themselves the whole "Shabang!" Not a small speed increase. I hope Mr Echo you can put this silly discretion behind all of us, I miss playing with the whole of our crew. The server isn't complete with all of us for "our" group and we are generally good people who wish to help the server not destroy it. I have Been an admin for very large successful Minecraft and related servers, i know its a hard job and you cant be biased; But sometimes with a games at this standpoint this is a common issue some use it to Grief others are unintentionally doing so. Also my opinion on someones behavior on a server and characteristics as an extremely active member on your server as a community makes a whole difference when vouching for someone, you might think im being Biased because hes a pal. However i wouldn't have started to play with Calder if he wasn't a nice guy and played legitly. I've been on this server awhile to see many good people disappear maybe due to actual hackers ruining everything, The server is looking very nice i haven't seen personal proof of hackers since white-listing. I give a cheer to you guys working hard on doing so, All i ask is that you keep the community strong by keeping those people who are good and willing to keep this server alive. I plan to stay on this server because i can see already by my 150+ hours played that its my by far 2nd favorite game and with it our favorite server. I am not saying that whatever happened on this video and in general it cannot be so plain just to permanently ban someone, i hope this can all be sorted out fairly for all. This is not just a case of what you saw its just an issue that has to be acknowledged as a discrepancy and tossed under the rug because its an Alpha, I can see the point if it was being "exploited to grief" But you can't tell on a video if it was Intentionally used or Unintentionally, that's why talking with the individual as a criminal or treating them as such is a little unreasonable. So that's where opinions of character take place within a Community to determine a person's innocence, As being said this is an Alpha where many cases like this will arise and every case takes time to sort and many of the things i have previously stated have to be taken into an account. Best Wishes, The Hoff!

Last edited:

Admin

Level 50
Staff member
Administrator
Feb 16, 2011
Credits
There's a few reasons this is being taken this seriously

The selective truth of the story.
The fact your friend stopped for a while looked back to see the chaser, carried on the fight when he caught up and then sped away as soon as it was clear he was going to die multiple times.

Regardless, this is his appeal, not yours, I want to hear his story not what someone else thinks is the story/issue.

GrizzlyCal

Level 0
Apr 6, 2015
Credits
I see your suspicions,seletive truth wanting whole story but theres not more to it, memory by definition is selective and comparing someones account to actual video (If I'm not mistaken you have) in detail chances are there will be descrepancies but my recount of event still stands..

I don't see how David being there or not there is relevant to his vouch considering you have the video, even if whole server is witness and accusing me or vouching for me it would not make difference if you have actual footage of events. Its more to do with vouching for my past history on the server giving confidence that I am not type to do abuse bugs.

I can address the points you raised though. I had several other encounters with the King's KoS squad, from very first spawn on the beach every single time they attacked with no reason, so assumed that my gathering partner was the one attacked.

I don't think taking potshots while fleeing at taunting assailant malicious, I don't know about yourself but in midst of battle I have adrenaline rush, heart beating faster, it gets intense for me, I considered going straight in tower but got too nervous they had others close by since their group had sieged tower for several hours I had to make sure no one could follow me in through huge doors, looped around tower it was still dangerous but I gave it shot anyway instead of dying. I had to calm down while inside , contact Wren but from what I recall I did not take any other actions ingame just logged off straight away.

On lighter note since patch I have not encountered any hackers on public server I have been playing on in meanwhile, our dedicated mod there is finally taking breather, hope it lasts.