What's new

Ridiculous 89-Hit Mortal Kombat 1 Combo Lasts Almost a Minute

Mortal Kombat 1 players have spent the game’s early life experimenting with the new Kameo system, which lets you call in other characters to perform an action. Using Kameo characters, players are working out how to do elaborate combos that involve “juggling” their opponent with multiple hits. But this new combo from evil sorcerer Shang Tsung is perhaps the most ridiculous yet.

Mortal Kombat professional player Jarrad "NinjaKilla212" Gooden, who won the Mortal Kombat 11 tournament at Evo this year, took to Twitter to publish a video showing an 89-hit combo from Shang Tsung, who, in old form, repeatedly juggles poor Baraka with Ground Skulls fireballs, and keeps the fun going by calling in Scorpion for a cheeky Kameo juggle. There's even a fancy side switch. (For more, check out IGN’s Shang Tsung character guide, which includes a move list and Fatalities list.)

Your opponent hits you with this in a tournament, what you doing? pic.twitter.com/mKMwkNOHIr

— DuckKilla_212 (@212Ninjakilla) September 28, 2023

“Your opponent hits you with this in a tournament, what you doing?” asks NinjaKilla212. I don’t know about you, but probably put my controller down and put the kettle on.

It’s worth pointing out that your average Mortal Kombat 1 match will not see combos like this. NinjaKilla212 is a professional player after all, and the combo itself only causes 45% damage due to scaling. Also, you can use meter to break out of combos in Mortal Kombat 1. Depending on how much meter resource you have going in, you’ll probably be able to put an end to Shang Tsung’s tyranny in 30 hits or less.

Mortal Kombat 1 players are, generally, positive about the new Kameo system because of the flexibility it gives combo construction. But perhaps this is one combo that might need a nerf.

While it’s looking at this combo, developer NetherRealm is also taking a look at a bug which gives Player 1 an advantage over Player 2. Meanwhile, the Nintendo Switch version of Mortal Kombat 1 has become the subject of ridicule for its eye-popping visuals. NetherRealm development chief Ed Boon has promised updates.

Wesley is the UK News Editor for IGN. Find him on Twitter at @wyp100. You can reach Wesley at wesley_yinpoole@ign.com or confidentially at wyp100@proton.me.

Continue reading...