What's new

Resident Evil Village for iPhone 15 Pro is Out on October 30

Update: Capcom has officially confirmed that the iPhone 15 Pro and iPad port of Resident Evil Village will be released on October 30.

In a press release, the company confirmed that this port will retail for $39.99 for the base game, while The Winters' Expansion will be available separately for $19.99.

The original story continues below.

If you picked up an iPhone 15 Pro this past weekend and are eagerly awaiting the chance to play Resident Evil Village on your smartphone, you might not have to wait much longer, as Capcom has quietly revealed that the iPhone and iPad port of Resident Evil Village is out on October 30.

Spotted first by Gematsu, which reported the Resident Evil Village for iPhone and iPad release date in Japan, heading to Capcom's official website reveals the same release date for the port in the U.S.

As you can see from the screenshot image below, the website mentions a firm release date of October 30. Capcom did not immediately respond to IGN's request for comment.

A release date for Resident Evil Village seems imminent as footage has appeared in the weeks since it was announced. Last week, YouTuber Vincent Zhong showed a brief segment in his iPhone 15 Pro review, and as I mentioned in my hands-on preview, while I did not have a chance to play Resident Evil Village, I saw an off-hand demo of the game running on the iPhone 15 Pro.

As mentioned previously, Resident Evil Village will run at 30 frames per second and is compatible with iPhone 15 Pro and iPads with either the M1 or M2 chip. While no pricing has been announced for this port of Resident Evil Village, Capcom did mention that no universal purchase is offered for the macOS version, meaning if you bought Resident Evil Village on Mac but want to play the iPhone or iPad version, you will need to double dip.

Resident Evil Village is one of four games that headlined Apple's Wonderlust event earlier this month, along with Resident Evil 4, Death Stranding, and Assassin's Creed Mirage. All were confirmed to receive console-quality, native versions available exclusively to the A17 Pro chip available on the iPhone 15 Pro and Pro Max smartphones.

Taylor is a Reporter at IGN. You can follow her on Twitter @TayNixster.

Continue reading...