What's new

No Man’s Sky Lands On Nintendo Switch This October

Hello Games has announced that its long-running space exploration game, No Man’s Sky, will release on Nintendo Switch this October.

Landing October 7, the Switch version of No Man’s Sky will come complete with all 20 updates that have transformed the game since its original PS4 and PC release back in 2016. This version is released in collaboration with Bandai Namco, and will be available both digitally and physically.

“No Man’s Sky on this tiny portable device feels both completely natural and also totally improbable at the same time,” said creative director Sean Murray in a press release. “This has been a real moonshot for our small team. No Man’s Sky is built around procedural generation, which means the console generates everything you see. This makes it so much harder to bring our game to something like the Switch, but I think this team never seems happier than when they are trying to do near-impossible things.

“I honestly feel the No Man’s Sky community has become one of the most welcoming in all of gaming, and it blows my mind just judging from Reddit alone that it’s also one of the largest. For many it is their “forever game”, with over half a billion hours played, across millions of players. We look forward to inviting over 100m Switch owners to join us on our journey.”

The Switch won’t be the only console getting a fresh version of No Man’s Sky on October 7. That same day sees the launch of the physical, boxed copies of No Man’s Sky’s PS5 remastered edition. Containing all 20 updates, this version is the first time a boxed copy of No Man’s Sky has been made available since the 2019 version that came with the Beyond update.

As for what's next for No Man's Sky, you'll need to watch out for its upcoming PSVR2 version.

Matt Purslow is IGN's UK News and Features Editor.

Continue reading...