What's new

Nether Portals

Wren

Level 44
Jul 10, 2011
Credits
This is what I could immediately think of:

1) Depending on the location and what is created around the portal, a faction could easily go and block off everyone else from using the portal.

2) Possible spawn camping on the other side of the portal, if the Nether part of it remains a warzone.

1) Factions wouldn't be able to claim around the portal so that's not a problem, if people are standing and blocking it off by camping around it it's a good thing and the warzone portal is doing it's job.

2) This is a valid problem, I have no problem with people camping somewhere but the problem is the lag when you first get into the nether. It'd be better to have it like this than safezone though, there shouldn't be anywhere you can run to for instant safety. Any suggestions on how we can balance this?

Cub_Nake

Level 46
Sep 29, 2010
Credits
1) Factions wouldn't be able to claim around the portal so that's not a problem, if people are standing and blocking it off by camping around it it's a good thing and the warzone portal is doing it's job.

2) This is a valid problem, I have no problem with people camping somewhere but the problem is the lag when you first get into the nether. It'd be better to have it like this than safezone though, there shouldn't be anywhere you can run to for instant safety. Any suggestions on how we can balance this?

Have a single safe zone chunk which is a solid tower holding the nether portal at the top. You have to jump off the tower and land in the, "insert safe surface here" in warzone to get down. The pillar will be too steep to get back up to and to steep to effectively fire down from. The only issue will be leaving the nether as previously teleports have been disabled there.

Wren

Level 44
Jul 10, 2011
Credits
Have a single safe zone chunk which is a solid tower holding the nether portal at the top. You have to jump off the tower and land in the, "insert safe surface here" in warzone to get down. The pillar will be too steep to get back up to and to steep to effectively fire down from. The only issue will be leaving the nether as previously teleports have been disabled there.

I'm not sure if this fixes the camping problem but I do have to say we can still /spawn in the nether :>