What's new

Nether Portals

Kotic

Level 7
Nov 29, 2011
Credits
I think it would be more beneficial to let players build nether portals. It expands the area of Nether that can be explored quicker. Bases can be at risk if they dont protect their nether room (Because of the random variable of coming back out into the above through a different portal).

This will also increase pvp as bases can be found through mathmatics. I don't remember the exact info, but moving through the nether is like moving above ground 5 times as fast. so at about 1000 blocks in the nether from where you started you would hit the 5000 border?. You can find bases on the nether map and estimate the area of their above base on the map or you could just walk through their portal if it isnt claimed or blocked off.

I support Public Nether portals.

-SupremeGeneral Kotic

Snowyblitz

Level 21
Jul 16, 2011
Credits
Nether portals can be used to duplicate items. I think that the Admins made the right decision.

If you don't believe me, look it up on YouTube.

Jake

Level 12
Jul 4, 2011
Credits
Nether portals can be used to duplicate items. I think that the Admins made the right decision.

If you don't believe me, look it up on YouTube.

I've looked it up before and it's true they can make one item in to a "creative-mode" unlimited stack...

EricExtreme

Level 30
Staff member
Jul 20, 2011
Credits
The StarGate/Nether portal is in spawn for a reason. Its mostly for the fact that it players could build nether portals, there would be portals all over the nether. Even if each portal built by a player linked to the one portal that's the I.e for the one in spawn, it would be a tedious proccess to have them linked and want not, and players having portals all over the place. Back in 1.8 people could pay 5,000 coins to buy a StarGate in there home, but that was shot very quickly.

I'm just saying, it has been done and it was a tedious process for admins to coordinate a nether portal in you faction home.

MadMockers

Level 16
Nov 25, 2011
Credits
There will be a nether portal in spawn as soon as MultiVerse is updated. As for being able to create them yourself, there is the issue of portalling into other peoples bases from the nether, or nether portals being linked because they are too close, etc etc. It can't feasibly happen.

Kotic

Level 7
Nov 29, 2011
Credits
There will be a nether portal in spawn as soon as MultiVerse is updated. As for being able to create them yourself, there is the issue of portalling into other peoples bases from the nether, or nether portals being linked because they are too close, etc etc. It can't feasibly happen.

Its a factions own fault if they dont box off their portal in its own room.

Kotic

Level 7
Nov 29, 2011
Credits
And if the portal doesn't already exist

This risk being raided from the nether, but if the faction is active enough its not hard to just destroy the portal that might happen to spawn in their base by destroying one of its blocks.

Keep blocks on your chests and they cant loot anything while your offline

Jan 29, 2011
Credits
This risk being raided from the nether, but if the faction is active enough its not hard to just destroy the portal that might happen to spawn in their base by destroying one of its blocks.

Keep blocks on your chests and they cant loot anything while your offline

Or how about we stick to the one when the plugin is updated

Wren

Level 44
Jul 10, 2011
Credits
I do see Kotic's point. It makes sense to have your nether portal in a secure room. On the other hand having portals everywhere would suck pretty bad. Public warzone nether portal!

erskew

Level 32
Jul 18, 2011
Credits
This is what I could immediately think of:

1) Depending on the location and what is created around the portal, a faction could easily go and block off everyone else from using the portal.

2) Possible spawn camping on the other side of the portal, if the Nether part of it remains a warzone.

Cub_Nake

Level 46
Sep 29, 2010
Credits
Have it similar to Mad Mocker's melon room. You jump in. It's inside warzone. You have to either parkour out or go to the nether.