What's new

More Diablo 4 Log-In Issues Emerge as Launch Players Flood Servers

Diablo 4 is experiencing further log-in issues as new players flood the servers.

Diablo 4: Ultimate Edition owners enjoyed four days of relatively smooth-sailing early access. Now Diablo 4 is available to all, more log-in issues are beginning to emerge.

“Game servers are down again,” said one Reddit user. "I was teleporting and got stuck on a loading screen. Now I can't load into the game, getting error 30000. Oh well."

Unfortunately, some were hit harder than others. When Hardcore mode characters die, they're gone forever, which makes disconnections even more stressful.

“I literally just lost my [Hardcore] character 95% through the campaign cause the game [disconnected] me during one of the final boss fights,” said a Reddit user.

"Bro when it went down earlier, I was just creating my character," said another Reddit user. "I said whatever, I’ll go play something else. I LITERALLY just logged back to try it again and this happened."

Even old-school LAN parties are affected. Diablo 4 is an always-online game, meaning local LANs can be struck with dreaded log-in server issues. "We were stuck queued for hours and ended up playing the Monster Hunter board game to pass the time," they said.

According to Blizzard Customer Service, the company is working on log-in problems.

"We're currently investigating an issue affecting our authentication servers, which may result in failed or slow login attempts," it confirmed on Twitter.

[#DiabloIV] We're currently investigating an issue affecting our authentication servers, which may result in failed or slow login attempts.

— Blizzard CS - The Americas (@BlizzardCS) June 6, 2023

Diablo's global community development director Adam Fletcher also chimed in on Twitter. “We see the login/server issues. Team is on it,” he said. “Seeing some improvement but team is still continue to work through the night on the issues.”

We see the login/server issues. Team is on it. 👍

— Adam Fletcher (@PezRadar) June 6, 2023

Meanwhile, Diablo 4's mounts are causing problems too. It seems if you’re not getting kicked off your server, it’s likely you’ll end up kicked off your mount.

Want to read more about Diablo 4? Check out the player who managed to hit level 100 already and find out all about the game’s first big balance update.

Ryan Leston is an entertainment journalist and film critic for IGN. You can follow him on Twitter.

Continue reading...