Credits
Mediators

(In no specific order)

BritishVamp

Tanjaroxursox*

Marko7776

CurlyPhillio

*Head Mediator

All mediators are subject to know the Aggression 1.1 In Game Rules, the Aggression Forum Rules and their breakdowns in addition to a few of my own.

• You must be respectable when dealing with a situation or a player. Please use common sense and do not let faction biases get in the way of a decision.

• Please refrain from trolling players. There is a "do not insult Staff" rule in place and if you are trolling a player and they just happen to rage at you for it, don't pull out that card and expect it to work.

• When warning a player that they are subject to a mute or a possible jailing please begin the statement with "OFFICIAL WARNING:" An abrupt muting or jailing can make a player feel like they were treated unfairly or were subject to a Mediator abusing power.

• Using caps in public chat is against the rules but please don't get nit picky. Saying one word in caps isn't doing anyone harm. Anal people are not fun.

• Sometimes players get in a habit of communicating with /me. If things get out of hand please warn them to stop since that is a common way of clogging up chat.

• If you notice two players in a deep conversation that are in the same faction talking in public chat please make it known that they can speak in faction chat to avoid spamming players who don't care about how much cobble they need.

• Treat new players with respect. The ranking system isn't there for nothing. If you notice a [Private] unaware of the workings of spawn or asking about plugins please inform them. Your duty is to guide players, not just punish them if they break a rule.

• Screenshots are your best friend! Proof is essential when dealing with situations. Sure you can always go back and check the logs, but it's bothersome to Admins when you can just hit F2.

• If you do jail, mute or kick someone please give the player a reason for doing so. How are they, as well as others, supposed to refrain from doing it in the future unless you warn them or tell them what they did wrong? Let's be reasonable here.

Mediator Commands:

/mute [playername] <datediff>

/tjail [playername] [jail] <datediff>

/kick [playername] <reason>

/ban [playername] <reason>

Jails

Jail (easy enough, right?)

To Undo a Command:

/tjail [playername]

/unmute [playername]

(All un-bannings are controlled by Admins)

(<datediff> is a timer for jailing and muting.)

Muting & Jailing Times

(in order of severity)

5 minute = 5m

30 minute = 30m

1 hour = 1h

5 hour = 5h

12 hour = 12h

24 hour = 1d

If You Ban a Player

Report it in the Hacking Claims Thread with the title [Banned] <playername>.

Provide an explanation of the banning, why you believe it was just and a screenshot if necessary.

Welcoming Players

When a new player logs on please welcome them and inform them of the forum site (aggression.bowlofnoodles.net) and of the /help command to get them started.

Do not tell a new player to use /killstats, this is not professional and is not how we want new players to be welcomed into our server.

Mediators/Mods/Admins:

If you believe anything should be added or edited in this thread please privately message me.

Thank you<3

Play nice and be wompless.

Dannie

Level 29
Jul 3, 2011
Credits
Hey Tanja, great guide - Exactly what I personally would expect from a Mediator!

One note I will add, to make your life easier doing;

/togglejail DannieP jail 86400

Would put me in jail for 24 hours, although this can be shortened to;

/tjail DannieP jail 1d

Same with mute;

/mute Danniep 1d

And can be done in combinations

/tjail DannieP jail 2y 3m 17d 12h 5s

If you wish.. Just an example though, to show you the arguments. :p

Might be nice to add that to your guide, in the manner you have done above ^^,

I'll remove this post when you've done. Totally ruined the look :<

Playerer

Level 37
Jul 17, 2011
Credits
Hey Tanja, great guide - Exactly what I personally would expect from a Mediator!

One note I will add, to make your life easier doing;

/togglejail DannieP jail 86400

Would put me in jail for 24 hours, although this can be shortened to;

/tjail DannieP jail 1d

Same with mute;

/mute Danniep 1d

And can be done in combinations

/tjail DannieP jail 2y 3m 17d 12h 5s

If you wish.. Just an example though, to show you the arguments. :p

Might be nice to add that to your guide, in the manner you have done above ^^,

I'll remove this post when you've done. Totally ruined the look :<

Did not know that. If you check the logs I was jailing Krundes for a good half an hour to figure out how to work the timer properly hahaha. I edited it. Look good now?

I didn't add the 2y and 3m into the commands because if it's that severe I feel like an Admin or Mod would be jailing for a month....not a mediator lol.

Just delete this reply along with your post if you're happy with it :)

Woody2371

Level 47
Jan 29, 2011
Credits
Tanja, under your "If you ban a player", you say post a thread in the hacking forum. This is incorrect. If you ban a player, the report should be posted in the Ban Reports forum found here.

Also I'd like to add Mediators are expected to be on Teamspeak if at all possible.

Playerer

Level 37
Jul 17, 2011
Credits
Tanja, under your "If you ban a player", you say post a thread in the hacking forum. This is incorrect. If you ban a player, the report should be posted in the Ban Reports forum found here.

Also I'd like to add Mediators are expected to be on Teamspeak if at all possible.

We don't have access to post in that thread Tom. Noodle told me to put it in the thread I mentioned above and then an Admin would move it.

mark_577

Level 21
Jul 16, 2011
Credits
Oh what the hell. I read this, did not see my name, so i started up Hamachi to talk to Snow. I got spammed with "WE ARE MEDIATORS" I though hell no, looked at it carefully and saw my name. YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Playerer

Level 37
Jul 17, 2011
Credits
Very informative, tanja.

Just a question:

/tjail [playername] [jail] <datediff>

What do I put for [jail] and <datediff>?

Thanks,

Snowyblitz

I answered this -_-

As I said above...

(Answers are labeled in red.)

Jails

Jail (easy enough, right?)

(<datediff> is a timer for jailing and muting.)

Muting & Jailing Times

(in order of severity)

5 minute = 5m

30 minute = 30m

1 hour = 1h

5 hour = 5h

12 hour = 12h

24 hour = 1d

Jul 17, 2011
Credits
For sake of not talking to you nor anyone purely from aggression, shouldn't it be wompless and not derpless?

And now I learned that /tjail works like /togglejail. That actually helped, but I shouldn't say why.