What's new

Guide How to be a professional sniper (Tf2)

Did this make you a better sniper?

• Total voters

Sea

Level 35
Jul 3, 2011
Credits
Recently I've found myself at the top of the scoreboard ever game I play, so I figured that I should spread my knowledge with you youngesters
For the people who think that I'm bad at sniper:
F409E257666C329A35D123A9C0CA165CEB8CEFEC

QUICK NOTE: HEADSHOTS: ZERO
First let me give you some background information about the sniper
Trivia

• The Sniper is voiced by John Patrick Lowrie.
  • In his fight scene with the Spy in Meet the Spy, the Spy inflicts a gash on the Sniper's cheek. This gash could be seen on the cheek of the RED Sniper in the Steam news picture for the Sniper vs Spy Update and the Jarate Update image[1], although it was not seen in the same picture as used in the Huntsman update [2]. The gash was later added to the Sniper in-game model itself.
  • The Sniper, along with the Demoman and the Soldier, smokes outside of battle. (In Meet the Sniper, the title card shows cigarette butts and there is an ashtray next to the Civilian bobble-head doll.)
  • The Sniper's old Bio as it appears on his trading card reads: "Half rugged outdoorsman, half alien observer, this taciturn strip of beef jerky has spent the better part of his life alone in the bush, slow baking under the Australian sun."
  • The Sniper is the tallest class in the game.
  • The Sniper learned Jarate from a complete course endorsed by Saxton Hale. The course involved increasing the size of Sniper's kidneys to three times that of a regular man's.
  • On the old official TF2 blog page's design, the Sniper's hat is on mirrored, as well as the Heavy's ammo belt and the Pyro's gas mask.
  • The Sniper lives in a camper van, a fact his opponents are all too keen to mock.
  • Although the Spy and Scout mock the Sniper for living in a "van", the Sniper actually drives a 1960's Land Rover Pickup, an English car favored in areas like Australia and Africa because of its toughness. In addition, the Sniper's actual RV is a "slide-in" camper, also very popular in Australia and among Hunters and Outdoorsmen for its ruggedness and ability to handle tough terrain. Because this van may be popular and strong, the Scout and Spy may just be jealous.
  • The Sniper's parents live on Adelaide Street, Australia (Red House on the left).
  • In Meet the Spy, the BLU Sniper holds his rifle left-handed.
  • The Sniper and the Heavy appear to enjoy the same brand of fingerless glove, although the Sniper's fit noticeably looser.
  • The Sniper's voice actor, John Patrick Lowrie, is married to Ellen McLain, voice actress for the Administrator.
  • The Sniper keeps a bobblehead of the Team Fortress Classic Civilian on the dashboard of his camper van.
  • The Sniper was the first class to receive two unlockables for the same weapon slot, as both the Razorback and Jarate are secondary weapons.
  • The Sniper and Spy are the only classes that don't say "Boo" when they jeer. They are also the only two classes to wear watches, although presumably only the Sniper's can actually keep track of time.
  • Despite being referred to as "polite" (especially by himself), the Sniper harshly insults all his dominated opponents.
  • The Sniper is the only class without any team-colored hats. However, the Bloke's Bucket Hat has team-colored lures.
  • The Sniper and the Scout are the only classes that break the fourth wall by making references to the game's real-world nature.
  • The Sniper rarely swears (at least for American standards), even when dominating opponents. This is probably due to his insistence on civility.
  • The Sniper, despite his Australian background, is much unlike other known Australians in the Team Fortress world. These differences include his lean body structure and lack of a mustache. As he is from the Outback and a solitary figure, however, he may have been less influenced by Australium and the Australian culture.
  • The Sniper uses a large amount of leather products, as his glove, vest, boots, pouch, and possibly his belt and hat are all made of leather.
  • If the Sniper does the Kukri/Shiv taunt with the Parasite Hat on, he will take off the Parasite Hat. (This is the best way to see the Parasite Hat's jiggle bones)
  • The Sniper is the only class who has a weapon with a usable scope on it.
  • The Sniper's model changes when using a different weapon (he carries arrows in a quiver on his back when he equips the Huntsman, and the bullets in his right pocket are replaced with tranquilizers when he equips the Sydney Sleeper).
  • The Sniper, the Spy and the Pyro are the only classes able to get a "headshot". This may be intended irony as they are the worst of enemies.
  • The Sniper's Jar-ate has a lot of similarities to the Bile Bomb in Left 4 Dead 2. Both boast the same shattering sound, both have some sort of bodily secretion inside, and they both coat the enemy in some sort of substance.
Ok now that you know everything there is to know about the sniper
Lets go over the weapons
100px-Backpack_sniperrifle.png

This is the default "sniper rifle" it's actually a broken rocket launcher that valve just HRG.tagged on the sniper. It's broken do even bother using it.
The real sniper rifle is this

100px-C_dex_sniperrifle_large.png

this is the
DSR 50here are the stats for it

Dsr 50 stats description
NOTE: THIS PICTURE WAS TAKEN FROM A DIFFERENT ANGLE WITH DIFFERENT LIGHTING THIS IS WHY IT LOOKS DIFFERENT!!!!1111!1!!!!11111!1!!!!1
THIS WEAPONS IS FOR PROS ONLY DO NOT TRY TO USE IT!!
Here's a sick collad with it!!!!

As a beginner rifle I recommend
100px-Sydney_Sleeper.png

The Sydney SleeperThe best way to get this gun is to buy it from the MannCo store.
Here are the stats
15px-Pictogram_plus.png
+25% charge rate
15px-Pictogram_plus.png
On hit: Jarate applied to target 8 seconds
15px-Pictogram_plus.png
No headshots
15px-Pictogram_minus.png
No random critical hits
With this gun you can practice your bodyshots
bodyshots are better than headshots anyways I mean really
Hitler was killed by a bodyshot and he was pretty tough.

Your secondary will be
100px-Backpack_Darwin%27s_Danger_Shield.png

You will take be invincible to people who headshot you (you will live with 7 health)
this teaches the bad player who use headshot to bodyshot more!

Your melee doesn't matter cus ur a long ranged class so pick watever lol

as a final tip:

GO FOR BODYSHOTS

1GreyGhost

Level 22
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 10, 2010
Credits
Thanks to this I will now be able to play Counter Striker: Operation Dog like a true pro. No longer will I be called a scrub or a noob. Thank you kind stranger!