What's new

Hello Neighbor Publisher Acquires Surgeon Simulator, I Am Bread, and Other Bossa Studios IP

Hello Neighbor publisher TinyBuild has acquired Bossa Studios IPs including Surgeon Simulator, I Am Bread, and I Am Fish for $3 million.

As reported by GamesIndustry.biz, Bossa Studios was looking to sell its catalog of existing IPs as it moves on to developing games "exclusively in the genre of co-op PvE". According to job listings on Bossa's website, the studio is working on a free-to-play, survival or "survival-adjacent" live-service game.

"Together with TinyBuild, we found a path that allows Bossa to dedicate its full attention to its new projects, while ensuring Surgeon Simulator, I Am Bread, and I Am Fish have a new home that understands what makes these games tick as well as we do," said Bossa co-founder Henrique Olifiers.

Surgeon Simulator and I Am Bread are arguably the most known titles being bought, both veering on the slightly ridiculous sides of what a video game can be.

Surgeon Simulator is quite a bit different from other sims, as players typically spend as much time juggling organs as they do performing surgery, while I Am Bread lets players play as, well, a bit of bread.

Alongside Bossa's trio of IPs, TinyBuild announced its $5.4 million acquisition of Despot's Game developer Konfa Games.

Jordan is a freelance writer for IGN.

Continue reading...