What's new

Fans Are Pretty Mad About One Batman Scene in Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League

Fulll spoilers for Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League to follow!

Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League is now available for those with Early Access and there is one scene in particular with Batman that is making a lot of fans very upset.

This is your last spoiler warning!

The scene in question takes place after the first two Justice League members are taken down and our favorite band of villains have captured Batman. The Dark Knight, who is being mind controlled by Brainiac, starts attempting to break down each character before Harley steps in and tells him to, "get some new material, jerk off."

After a back and forth between the two, Batman asks Harley if she is done with her "bad stand up routine." In response, Harley says that you always "got to end on your best joke" before she shoots Batman in the head. I mean, this game is called Kill the Justice League, right?

Still, it's a bit of an unceremonious end for the Arkham Batman, especially given that it could be the last one that features the voice of the late Kevin Conroy.

"I won't share the footage or spoilers or anything, but having seen the final scene of Batman in Suicide Squad, that being the final performance that Kevin Conroy will ever give as Batman just makes me sad. Not angry or outraged or anything. Just sad," ManyATrueNerd wrote.

"It blows my mind thinking how we could have got a Batman Beyond game for Kevin Conroy's final performance from Rocksteady instead of Suicide Squad," @BitCloudGaming wrote. "I'm not gonna jump on here and add to the fire but make no mistake this game is an unsatisfying ending to the iconic Arkham Series."

It Blows my mind thinking how we could have got a Batman Beyond game for Kevin Conroy's final performance from Rocksteady instead of Suicide Squad I'm not gonna jump on here and add to the fire but make no mistake this game is an unsatisfying ending to the iconic Arkham Series pic.twitter.com/qtsDRo0U5h

— Bit Cloud Gaming (@BitCloudGaming) January 30, 2024

On the other side, @RGXSuperSonic notes that "Kevin Conroy's passing was unexpected and happened mid-development" and that "we don't know what may transpire in post-game content as the story will continue beyond base-game." So, this very well may not be the end. As we've seen many times, an apparent death in comics is hardly the end of a character.

@Sensorite_kin also points out that this is, after all, the Suicide Squad. What did we expect would happen?

"I think ppl need to remember that the suicide squad are villains," @Sensorite_kin wrote. "'Batman's death was mean spirited.' yeah cuz Harley and deadshot have wanted Batman dead for f*** years. They’re villains. Wtf like come the f* on."

@SynthPotato didn't so much mind that they killed Batman, but more how they did it. Oh, and they claim Gotham Knights did it much better.

"Gotham Knights did Batman’s death a hundred times better than Suicide Squad, Batman is not a character you just have his weakest villain shoot in the face and expect fans to be okay with it," @SynthPotato wrote. "The issue isn’t 'It’s called 'Kill the Justice league' ofc they kill him!' It’s how they did it, This is ARKHAM Batman, the fact this random universe Batman that we had never seen before from Gotham Knights got this legendary scene and Arkham Batman didn’t is a travesty, Rocksteady despises their legacy."

Gotham Knights did Batman’s death a hundred times better than Suicide Squad, Batman is not a character you just have his weakest villain shoot in the face and expect fans to be okay with it.

The issue isn’t “It’s called “Kill the Justice league” ofc they kill him!” It’s how they… pic.twitter.com/HdFigoKTl2

— Synth Potato🥔 (@SynthPotato) January 30, 2024

While fans may be mad at Batman's fate, @Romo5K does note that "he was treated with more respect than The Flash. He got pissed on."

I know Batman fans are mad at how he died in Suicide Squad :KTJL but at he was treated with more respect than The Flash he got pissed on 😭 pic.twitter.com/zoTZBZycLL

— RM (@Romo5k) January 30, 2024

IGN's Destin Legarie also had thoughts on this choice, and he wonders why we have to kill Batman instead of play as him.

"Why the hell are we killing Batman in all these superhero games?" Legarie wrote. "Like seriously... what the f***? We want to play as Batman. I don't care if it's Gotham Knights or Suicide Squad, it's dumb. Why are there these hero games where we play as the B team and piss on the heroes?"

With all this being said, @VaughnFry has some sage advice for those who can't handle the death of The Dark Knight.

"It's simple," @VaughnFry wrote. "If you don’t play Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League, Arkham Batman lives."

It’s simple. If you don’t play Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League, Arkham Batman lives. pic.twitter.com/kNdcVoAtbj

— Vaughn Fry (@VaughnFry) January 29, 2024

For more, check out where our Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League review is and how the Batman Arkham series sets up this new game.

Have a tip for us? Want to discuss a possible story? Please send an email to newstips@ign.com.

Adam Bankhurst is a news writer for IGN. You can follow him on Twitter
@AdamBankhurst and on Twitch.

Continue reading...