What's new

EA Sports FC 24 Players Horrified as Huge Glitch Spreads to Ultimate Team Weekend League [Updated]

Update, Oct. 20, 12:00 p.m. PT: In an attempt to address the glitch, EA has temporarily removed the Trickster+ playstyle from Ultimate Team Players Items. They'll look to add it back in "once this issue has been addressed in a future Title Update," they said on X (formerly Twitter) today.

In order to prevent this issue from occurring, we have temporarily removed the Trickster+ PlayStyle from Ultimate Team Player Items, they now have Trickster instead. Once this issue has been addressed in a future Title Update, we'll be looking to add Trickster+ back to applicable…

— EA SPORTS FC Direct Communication (@EASFCDirect) October 20, 2023

Previous story: The FIFA community is up in arms over a devastating glitch that has spread to EA Sports FC 24’s highest-level competitive multiplayer mode.

The 'Trickster glitch' sees a player with the Trickster+ playstyle perform a skill move to fully attach the ball to the back of their leg, leaving them free to run straight into the goal. There is nothing the opponent can do to prevent this. FC players have called it the worst glitch ever seen in an EA football video game.

New glitch with Trickster+ playstyle ☠️

WTF 😭

pic.twitter.com/qiVuiZVhMa

— EAFC 24 News (@EAFC24_News) October 18, 2023

FC 24 players were using this glitch to gain an advantage in Ultimate Team’s Division Rivals mode, but it has now spread to the Weekend League, Ultimate Team’s highest-level and highest-pressure player versus player mode.

The FIFA community is looking on in horror as game after the game is ruined by the glitch. High-profile FC 24 streamer Bugs is, at the time of this article’s publication, winning match after match in the Weekend League by scoring “touchdowns” with the glitch to nearly 10,000 concurrent viewers. Bugs eventually went 18-2 from his 20 matches, and gained rewards as normal.

Look at this guys...
No words man...

Hopefully EA fixes this ASAP🥴 pic.twitter.com/y1M8irxOX4

— Rxcky (@rxckydusa) October 20, 2023
This glitch needs fixing ASAP @EASPORTSFC 🤮@ItsBugsClub’s opponent does the glitch from kickoff and there’s no alternative but to do the same back.

Absolutely disgraceful you’ve not disabled champs / Trickster+ playstyle. pic.twitter.com/wh9rSw7bXt

— FUT CONCEPTS (@FUTCONCEPTS) October 20, 2023

“Why are you doing this?” Bugs said on stream. “So EA fixes it. If it takes my account being banned to save the game I love, the game I fell in love with, I’ll fall on my sword for y’all. For the greater good. I’m not promoting, I’m exposing. You can’t have people playing this game right now. I don’t expect everyone to understand.”

EA Sports has only so far acknowledged the glitch in an update to say it’s investigating the issue. Some fans had called on the developer to delay the Weekend League to preserve the integrity of the competitive multiplayer in Ultimate Team, but the weekly mode launched as normal today, October 20. IGN has asked EA for comment.

We've added a new issue to the EASFC Tracker that we're investigating. The ball can incorrectly stick to a dribbler's leg as they run in some situations.https://t.co/oKgcIFd9zn

— EA SPORTS FC Direct Communication (@EASFCDirect) October 19, 2023

FC 24 players are now calling on EA Sports to punish those who have used the glitch to win matches, and to block rewards. “I'm really debating whether or not to play FUT Champs due to the Trickster+ glitch, why the hell didn't EA put an update out for it yet, maybe even postpone champs by 24 hours?” asked redditor Caretras. “If there was an issue with a Squad Building Challenge or a pack from the store it would get fixed within an hour or so, it pains be seeing the game I love be ruined by stuff like this.”

“My mate just sent me three goals he conceded to Di Maria with the glitch,” said RedditWaffler. “I’m worried about playing now.”

I want to play weekend league but I don’t at the same time.

I’m shocked EA have not closed it until the glitch is fixed, so bad.

— Spencer (@Huge_Gorilla) October 20, 2023
So EA Creators are sat live on stream doing the trickster glitch every game. Imagine RTFM or me or someone like that did this. We get ostracised for saying things we don’t like about the game publicly, EA have a very serious issue on their hands here

— Aaron Ramsay (@AaronRamsayMore) October 20, 2023

As reported by GI.biz, FC 24 launch sales are down 10% compared to the launch sales of FIFA 23 last year in Europe. GI points out FIFA 23 was a monster hit for EA, but FC 24 launch sales are still down compared to 2021’s FIFA 22 by 3.7%. Of course, it’s worth pointing out that EA’s football video game franchise changed its name this year after EA Sports’ relationship with FIFA broke down. According to GI.biz, EA had anticipated a decline as a result.

Last week, EA announced FC 24 had more than 11.3 million players worldwide, including through EA Play. New players in FC 24 are up nearly 20% year-over-year, EA added. As usual, FC 24 sold best in the UK.

FC 24 only launched a few weeks ago but has already endured a microtransactions controversy, with the community reacting in shock to a $30 Ultimate Team pack that was made available to buy before the game even properly launched.

Wesley is the UK News Editor for IGN. Find him on Twitter at @wyp100. You can reach Wesley at wesley_yinpoole@ign.com or confidentially at wyp100@proton.me.

Continue reading...