What's new

Classic Resident Evil Mod Aims to Bridge the Gap Between Resident Evil 2 and 3

While Capcom’s attention is firmly on Resident Evil remakes as well as brand new games in the series, modders are still breathing new life into the classic Resident Evil games.

Veteran Resident Evil modder komizo_lab unveiled their next project in a YouTube video and described it as a “2 and 3 crossover” developed using “the knowledge I have gained through the development of Resident Evil 2 Overhaul MOD, Resident Evil 3 Overhaul MOD, and Nemesis Scenario MOD.”

BREAKING: NEW Classic Resident Evil Project announced to bridge gap between RE2 and 3!

Authorities KomizoLabs says the following:

"This MOD is a completely new "2 & 3 crossover" MOD that I develop based on the knowledge I have gained through the development of Resident Evil 2… pic.twitter.com/qwT6TojkDy

— Andy 👁️ Biohazard Declassified (@BioDeclassified) March 12, 2024

The mod revolves around Brad Vickers, who komizo_lab called “the person who got Chris and Jill involved in the mansion incident, and who can be said to be the origin of the Resident Evil series.

”Brad Vickers was a member of the Raccoon Police Department's S.T.A.R.S. Alpha Team who appeared in the first Resident Evil game released in 1996, then Resident Evil 2 and 3. This new mod project depicts the events that took place from 2 to 3 from Vickers’ perspective, and fuses the maps from both games.

The mod is currently in development, without a release window, so expect progress updates as komizo_lab fleshes out the project. “I can't say much about this mod, including its release date," they added. "This video is just a tech demo under development and many will change in the future."

Capcom’s recent remakes have enjoyed critical and commercial acclaim, and indeed Vickers appeared in the games to give fans a new take on the character. Capcom recently announced the Resident Evil 4 remake has sold seven million copies since its launch a year ago, setting a new sales record for the series.

Wesley is the UK News Editor for IGN. Find him on Twitter at @wyp100. You can reach Wesley at wesley_yinpoole@ign.com or confidentially at wyp100@proton.me.

Continue reading...