What's new

Cities: Skylines 2 on PS5 and Xbox Series X and S Suffers Big Delay, Refunds Offered

The PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X and S version of Cities: Skylines 2 has suffered a big delay from the planned October launch to some point during spring 2024.

Publisher Paradox Interactive and developer Colossal Order insisted the PC version of its hotly anticipated city building game is on track for the original release date on October 24 via Steam and the Windows Store, as well as PC Game Pass.

“We are hard at work getting the game ready for our release on October 24,” Paradox said in a statement issued to IGN. “While doing so, we have come to realize that we need more time to reach the quality targets we have set. As we want to provide the best experience for our players, we are updating the release window for Xbox and PS5 to spring 2024. The additional time allows us to focus on matching the quality and performance across all platforms.”

Preorders will be automatically refunded, Paradox said, with no action needed by customers. It may take a few weeks for an order to be refunded, the publisher added. The refund process for the physical edition preorder is handled via the retailer.

Meanwhile, Paradox has raised Cities Skylines 2’s minimum and recommended PC specs. “Cities: Skylines 2 is a next-generation title and therefore has certain hardware requirements,” Paradox said in a FAQ. “The recommended specs were set when the game was still in development. After having done extensive testing with different hardware we made the decision to update the minimum/recommended specs for a better player experience.”

Cities Skylines 2 Updated Minimum and Recommended Specs:

• Recommended Spec FHD machines:
    CPU: Intel Core i5-12600K | AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
    RAM: 16 GB
    GPU: Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080 (10 GB) | AMD equivalent
  • Minimum Spec FHD machines:
    CPU: Intel Core i7-6700K | AMD Ryzen 5 2600X
    RAM: 8 GB
    GPU: Nvidia® GeForce™ GTX 970 (4 GB) | AMD equivalent

Wesley is the UK News Editor for IGN. Find him on Twitter at @wyp100. You can reach Wesley at wesley_yinpoole@ign.com or confidentially at wyp100@proton.me.

Continue reading...