What's new

Blizzard Reveals Diablo 4’s Most–Played Class

Diablo 4 has been out for just over a week and developer Blizzard has revealed its most-played class.

According to Diablo development chief Rod Fergusson, Diablo 4’s most-played class is the Sorcerer/Sorceress.

“Pssst!,” Fergusson wrote in a tweet. “I didn't ask for permission to share this but I thought you might be interested to know that right now, the number one most played class in Diablo 4 is the Sorcerer/Sorceress!

“But you didn't hear it from me. In case someone from PR or Marketing asks…”

Pssst!

I didn't ask for permission to share this but I thought you might be interested to know that right now, the number 1 most played class in #DiabloIV is the Sorcerer/Sorceress!

But you didn't hear it from me. In case someone from PR or Marketing asks... pic.twitter.com/aOXdt0qqgp

— Rod Fergusson (@RodFergusson) June 9, 2023

That’s as of June 9, but with a surge of players expected this weekend, the data may soon change.

Diablo 4 launched with five classes: the aforementioned Sorcerer/Sorceress, the Barbarian, the Necromancer, the Rogue, and the Druid.

What’s fuelling the popularity of the Sorcerer/Sorceress? Players are understandably drawn to a class generally considered more powerful than the others, and the Sorcerer fits the bill.

The magic user harnesses the elements of fire, lightning, and ice to output huge damage at range, although at the cost of lower health and armour compared to the other classes. (Check out IGN’s dedicated Diablo 4 Sorcerer guide to find out more.)

But the Sorcerer is also one of the more fun classes to play in Diablo 4, with flashy spells and some cool-looking armour to hunt down (or buy, if you’re not put off by Diablo 4’s costly microtransactions).

Diablo 4 is Blizzard’s fastest-selling game ever. It is also a hit with critics, and, generally, has gone down well with fans despite some server issues this week.

Check out our interactive Diablo 4 map to start tracking your progress as you play.

Wesley is the UK News Editor for IGN. Find him on Twitter at @wyp100. Send news tips to wesley_yinpoole@ign.com.

Continue reading...