What's new

A tale of survival

oui230

Level 22
Jan 20, 2011
Credits
YEAR 1

It was a warm midsummer's morning when the first of us woke up. We had no idea where we were or how we had gotten there, but the one thing we all knew for certain is that we had to work together to survive. It is a group of twelve people 6 men and 6 women. We are pretty sure we were each chosen specifically by something or someone because we all had a perfect match. On the third day we had come up with our plan of how to start our new lives.

It took about 2 months to gather the supplies needed and we started work on our town hall. Soon into the construction strange monsters appeared at the mouth of our valley but never entered. As a safety precaution we dug out a small cave underneath our soon to be town hall and hid the entrances with trap doors. The monsters never came into our valley but it's better to be safe than sorry.

By the end of the first year the town hall was complete and we had a small festival. We had some mutton, veal, and bacon to celebrate with. The part everyone was looking forward to the most was moving out of our cave and into our own homes which are soon to be built, especially because 3 of the women are now with child including my own wife.

[attachment=633:year 1.png]

I was bored so I decided to come up with something to do. The only mod I am using is one that adds rope to climb and make bridges with. I am also gathering all materials needed by hand and using no hacks or other mods.

Attachments

• year 1.png
    year 1.png
    12.4 KB · Views: 3

oui230

Level 22
Jan 20, 2011
Credits
Year 2

It has been 2 years since we first woke up in the valley and our little community is already thriving. So far we have a lumberman's hut, an aqueduct, a farm, a mine, and what is now a daycare but will become the school as the children age. The oldest child so far is the miner's daughter who is 9 months old. The teacher's son is almost 7 months, and my own daughter has just turned 4 months last week.

The monsters that live in the woods outside the valley still haven't paid us any mind but we are soon to erect a wall the will span the entrance to the valley. Our miner has dug his way into the side of a cave system and we have been sending an extra man to explore with him after he hear strange groaning and creaking noises on his second day exploring the caves. He has been able to find some much needed iron to fashion into stronger tools and buckets to ferry water from the mountain stream to the farm.

The farm should soon bear it's first harvest quite soon and everyone is happy to stop eating meals made mostly of meat and the flowers that my wife has been able to make into a stew.

[attachment=634:Year 2.png]

[attachment=635:Year 2(2).png]

Attachments

• Year 2.png
    Year 2.png
    11.5 KB · Views: 3
  • Year 2(2).png
    Year 2(2).png
    11.4 KB · Views: 3

Laithes

Level 47
Nov 26, 2010
Credits
I've been reading it, Interesting, but what might be cool is to give some depth for us, the reader, have a poll for killing off one character or something?

oui230

Level 22
Jan 20, 2011
Credits
Oh ok. I make a list of who the people are and what they do. I'm also planning some other stuff for it as well. I'll have the next year out tomorrow morning and then put up the other stuff.

oui230

Level 22
Jan 20, 2011
Credits
This is as of the end of the 2nd year.

Laithes want's to kill someone off so you guys can just put who you want dead and how. If I like it i'll incorporate it in. I also have something in mind to end someone.

Leader: Me

Wife: Julia

Child: Alexandra

Miner: Sean

Wife: Tiffany

Child: Sandra

Teacher: Claude

Wife: Lily

Child: Peter

Lumberjack: Marc

Wife: Tatiana

Child: N/A

Guard: Steven

Wife: Mary

Farmer: Daniel

Wife: Stephanie

oui230

Level 22
Jan 20, 2011
Credits
Sorry i haven't posted i was at MEPS the past couple days signing my life away. But I should have the next set up tomorrow some time.

I was actually planning on one of the children drink lava.

oui230

Level 22
Jan 20, 2011
Credits
Ya it's the Military Enlistment Processing Center. I have to postpone again my next installment because i just found out this morning I have to take my DLAB which is the Defense Language Aptitude Battery which will decide what language they are going to teach me once I make it in. The test is on Tuesday so after that I should have a semi clear schedule.