What's new

[Want] Eyeborg Project

Gielnor

Level 39
Jul 4, 2010
Credits
It's amazing how much prosthetic technology has improved just in the last decade. Cybernetics is one of the few science fiction staples that we may see come to fruition within our lifetimes. And I think its awesome.

And yes, I would pay out the ass for a web-enabled Heads-Up Display eyeball.

M1_Mercenary

Level 48
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 14, 2010
Credits
Web-enabled Heads-Up Display eye you say?

In b4 Virus that makes said HUD only display Nyan cat or something disgusting (you know the internet, ill let you imagine what could pop up :p)

and In b4 Microsoft makes an OS for it that horribly fails, and Mac makes one that cost 600$ to change HUD color, and Linux ones that never get a virus, but don't work with most of the functions the eye has.

M1_Mercenary

Level 48
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 14, 2010
Credits
An eye with a HUD would be awesome! I just would rather have one that is not one web-enabled... Even if that means I have to plug a USB Flash Drive into the side of my head to install things to the eye...

Hmm, I wonder I could get an eye that also has an Intel CPU embedded so it can help my brain with mathematics, so I am less horrible at my maths...

Cub_Nake

Level 46
Sep 29, 2010
Credits
Full human augmentation is just around the corner both artificially and genetically. The level of this augmentation is going to bring up some really interesting ethical debate.

Tutrie

Level 21
Jul 11, 2011
Credits
I remember watching a documentary on the discovery channel about 2 years ago of this lady who had a nano wire come out from her Visual Cortex that then split into about a 100 hundred different wires plugged into this machine about the size of two desktop computers. It did the same thing that this micro-chip inserted to that guys eye does. Technology and its wonders.

Also I bet Eyeborg was mighty jealous of the guy who had the micro-chip in his eye.