SameTeem
Search titles only
By:
Log in
Register
What's new
Search
Search
Search titles only
By:
Home
Forums
Forums
New posts
Search forums
What's new
What's new
Featured content
Media
Resources
Free TeamSpeak Channel
TeamSpeak
TeamSpeak
Vote
Rank System
Make a Channel
Free Channel Information
Servers
Sourcebans
New posts
SameTeem
Home
Forums
New posts
Search forums
What's new
Featured content
Media
Resources
Free TeamSpeak Channel
TeamSpeak
Vote
Rank System
Make a Channel
Free Channel Information
Servers
Sourcebans
Log in
Register
What's new
Search
Search
Search titles only
By:
New posts
Search forums
Menu
Log in
Register
Navigation
Install the app
Install
More options
Contact us
Close Menu
Download TeamSpeak Today
Proudly sponsored by TeamSpeak
Forums
News and Announcements
Gaming News
Ubisoft Cancels 6 Projects Including Prince of Persia: Sands of Time Remake, Closes 2 Studios and Confirms Further Layoffs in Major Company Restructur
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="Admin" data-source="post: 69852" data-attributes="member: 1"><p><img src="https://assets-prd.ignimgs.com/2023/11/22/prince-of-persia-sands-of-time-remake-1700612577710.png" alt="" class="fr-fic fr-dii fr-draggable " data-size="" style="" /></p><p>Ubisoft has announced a sweeping company restructure that will result in the cancelation of six games including its Prince of Persia: Sands of Time remake, and a delay to a further seven titles. Two Ubisoft studios will be closed completely as a result of the changes, while others will be subject to further layoffs.</p><p></p><p>Of the half dozen games that have been fully scrapped, Ubisoft is only publicly naming one today — its long-awaited Sands of Time remake that was rebooted once already. Three of the canceled games were new IPs, while one was a mobile game. Ubisoft's core focus going forward, the company has said, will be on open-world games and live-services.</p><p></p><p>No specific detail has been given of the seven titles that Ubisoft has delayed, either, though this number does include the unannounced game once set for launch before March 31 that is widely expected to be the company's Assassin's Creed: Black Flag remaster. This will now launch in the coming financial year — so before March 31, 2027.</p><p></p><p></p><p>Ubisoft Stockholm will fully close as a result of the changes, having previously collaborated on Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora, alongside mobile studio Ubisoft Halifax (news of which first broke last week). "Restructurings" will also take place at Ubisoft offices in Abu Dhabi, at Trials studio RedLynx and at Massive, home to The Division. In addition, all teams will be required to return to in-office working five days a week, albeit with an annual allowance of remote-working days.</p><p></p><p>"We went through a thorough review of projects across December [and] January, with the current market evolution in mind — which is consistently more selective," Ubisoft's chief financial officer Frederick Duguet told IGN today. "You've seen the last quarter showing a never-before-seen level of competition. Competition is here to stay."</p><p></p><p>In a sign of how vast an impact Ubisoft expects this restructure to have, as well as how badly it feels it is needed, the company has scrapped its previous guidance for the full financial year and now expects net bookings of around €1.5 billion ($1.75 billion), down by €330 million ($386 million).</p><p></p><p>Via a statement shared with IGN, Ubisoft said this huge reduction reflected changes to the company's upcoming release pipeline following the implementation of its updated development roadmap, and the decision to "postpone negations on certain partnerships" in the context of its new operating model.</p><p></p><p>"Competition is here to stay..."</p><p></p><p>Indeed, the shakeup comes as Ubisoft finally lays out how its global development might is to be split into five "Creative Houses" that will operate as independent business units — the first of which was detailed last year. The previously-established Vantage Studios now encompasses the development of Ubisoft's three biggest brands (Assassin's Creed, Far Cry, and Rainbow Six) and soon the remaining divisions will take on themed groups that cover the company's remaining franchises.</p><p></p><p>Creative House 2 will be dedicated to shooters, and look after The Division, Ghost Recon, and Splinter Cell. Creative House 3 will focus on live experiences, including For Honor, The Crew, Riders Republic, Brawlhalla, and Skull & Bones.</p><p></p><p>Creative House 4 will feature narrative driven and fantasy-orientated series including Anno, Might & Magic, Rayman, Prince of Persia, and Beyond Good & Evil (yes, seemingly Beyond Good & Evil 2 still lives). Finally, Creative House 5 will center on family and casual gaming, including Just Dance, Uno, Hasbro, Idle Miner Tycoon, Ketchapp, Hungry Shark, and Invincible: Guarding the Globe.</p><p></p><p></p><p><em>Tom Phillips is IGN's News Editor. You can reach Tom at <a href="mailto:tom_phillips@ign.com">tom_phillips@ign.com</a> or find him on Bluesky </em><a href="https://bsky.app/profile/tomphillipseg.bsky.social" target="_blank">@tomphillipseg.bsky.social</a></p><p></p><p><a href="https://www.ign.com/articles/ubisoft-cancels-6-projects-including-prince-of-persia-sands-of-time-remake-closes-2-studios-and-confirms-further-layoffs-in-major-company-restructure" target="_blank">Continue reading...</a></p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="Admin, post: 69852, member: 1"] [IMG]https://assets-prd.ignimgs.com/2023/11/22/prince-of-persia-sands-of-time-remake-1700612577710.png[/IMG] Ubisoft has announced a sweeping company restructure that will result in the cancelation of six games including its Prince of Persia: Sands of Time remake, and a delay to a further seven titles. Two Ubisoft studios will be closed completely as a result of the changes, while others will be subject to further layoffs. Of the half dozen games that have been fully scrapped, Ubisoft is only publicly naming one today — its long-awaited Sands of Time remake that was rebooted once already. Three of the canceled games were new IPs, while one was a mobile game. Ubisoft's core focus going forward, the company has said, will be on open-world games and live-services. No specific detail has been given of the seven titles that Ubisoft has delayed, either, though this number does include the unannounced game once set for launch before March 31 that is widely expected to be the company's Assassin's Creed: Black Flag remaster. This will now launch in the coming financial year — so before March 31, 2027. Ubisoft Stockholm will fully close as a result of the changes, having previously collaborated on Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora, alongside mobile studio Ubisoft Halifax (news of which first broke last week). "Restructurings" will also take place at Ubisoft offices in Abu Dhabi, at Trials studio RedLynx and at Massive, home to The Division. In addition, all teams will be required to return to in-office working five days a week, albeit with an annual allowance of remote-working days. "We went through a thorough review of projects across December [and] January, with the current market evolution in mind — which is consistently more selective," Ubisoft's chief financial officer Frederick Duguet told IGN today. "You've seen the last quarter showing a never-before-seen level of competition. Competition is here to stay." In a sign of how vast an impact Ubisoft expects this restructure to have, as well as how badly it feels it is needed, the company has scrapped its previous guidance for the full financial year and now expects net bookings of around €1.5 billion ($1.75 billion), down by €330 million ($386 million). Via a statement shared with IGN, Ubisoft said this huge reduction reflected changes to the company's upcoming release pipeline following the implementation of its updated development roadmap, and the decision to "postpone negations on certain partnerships" in the context of its new operating model. "Competition is here to stay..." Indeed, the shakeup comes as Ubisoft finally lays out how its global development might is to be split into five "Creative Houses" that will operate as independent business units — the first of which was detailed last year. The previously-established Vantage Studios now encompasses the development of Ubisoft's three biggest brands (Assassin's Creed, Far Cry, and Rainbow Six) and soon the remaining divisions will take on themed groups that cover the company's remaining franchises. Creative House 2 will be dedicated to shooters, and look after The Division, Ghost Recon, and Splinter Cell. Creative House 3 will focus on live experiences, including For Honor, The Crew, Riders Republic, Brawlhalla, and Skull & Bones. Creative House 4 will feature narrative driven and fantasy-orientated series including Anno, Might & Magic, Rayman, Prince of Persia, and Beyond Good & Evil (yes, seemingly Beyond Good & Evil 2 still lives). Finally, Creative House 5 will center on family and casual gaming, including Just Dance, Uno, Hasbro, Idle Miner Tycoon, Ketchapp, Hungry Shark, and Invincible: Guarding the Globe. [I]Tom Phillips is IGN's News Editor. You can reach Tom at [email]tom_phillips@ign.com[/email] or find him on Bluesky [/I][URL='https://bsky.app/profile/tomphillipseg.bsky.social']@tomphillipseg.bsky.social[/URL] [url="https://www.ign.com/articles/ubisoft-cancels-6-projects-including-prince-of-persia-sands-of-time-remake-closes-2-studios-and-confirms-further-layoffs-in-major-company-restructure"]Continue reading...[/url] [/QUOTE]
Insert quotes…
Verification
Post reply
Forums
News and Announcements
Gaming News
Ubisoft Cancels 6 Projects Including Prince of Persia: Sands of Time Remake, Closes 2 Studios and Confirms Further Layoffs in Major Company Restructur
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
Accept
Learn more…
Top