What's new

[Suggestion] Server Democracy

Status
Not open for further replies.

cbroughton

Level 19
Feb 16, 2011
Credits
I'm just posting this in response to the MC Server here at BoN being... majority controlled by the RMM. I see no problem with this, however you do state as if it were a public server. Herein it should have a better balance than 99%-1% if it were to be more than an RMM server, yes?

I post this in lieu of the protection areas, vs. the spawn point. You spawn in a protected RMM city, where most of the houses are protected RMM area, and most of the places in every direction from spawn are also RMM protected area, it leaves one having to run quite a while away just to have somewhere to build.

The Noodle

Level 48
Aug 1, 2010
Credits
Asterion is not an RMM town, nor is the new city part of the RMM. Non RMM members are welcome to ask for build permissions.

cbroughton

Level 19
Feb 16, 2011
Credits
The atmosphere in which the server runs right now is purely RMM, just by the way people act when on it. I'm just saying that the server might need a bit of an attitude change. While I can get online fine, and run rather far to build something... meh, that is for another topic; the spawn point changing topic.

I just think that it shouldn't matter where we build, I understand that some areas should be protected; but I don't think the protection should stretch so far as to be entire cities and the lot, if not then there is nowhere individual people to build, should they join once in a while to do whatever.

As a separate yet on topic suggestion, perhaps build area access should be "registered" or at least posted for on the forum, because people are not always on the MC server when you do sign on in hopes o building something.

The Noodle

Level 48
Aug 1, 2010
Credits
Area/whitelist registrations will be added to the forum.

As BoN staff are now taking control of all server administration some of the rmmness will hopefully dissipate.

Roze

Level 37
Staff member
Administrator
May 23, 2010
Credits
Asterion was founded by me.

The flag which is suppose to be the italian colours continues to be changed back to RMM.

I'm sad that this continues to happen.

Asterion's will is now open to anyone I see fits.

Please contact me if you want it.

Admin

Level 50
Staff member
Administrator
Feb 16, 2011
Credits
The atmosphere in which the server runs right now is purely RMM, just by the way people act when on it. I'm just saying that the server might need a bit of an attitude change. While I can get online fine, and run rather far to build something... meh, that is for another topic; the spawn point changing topic.

I just think that it shouldn't matter where we build, I understand that some areas should be protected; but I don't think the protection should stretch so far as to be entire cities and the lot, if not then there is nowhere individual people to build, should they join once in a while to do whatever.

As a separate yet on topic suggestion, perhaps build area access should be "registered" or at least posted for on the forum, because people are not always on the MC server when you do sign on in hopes o building something.

The server is mainly populated with RMM members, most of the structures have been built by RMM members. It makes sense that the server seem as it is RMM, because a lot of it is the RMM. When other people from other clans and groups play on the server as much as the RMM does then the attitude will shift, that just happens to be how the world works.

cbroughton

Level 19
Feb 16, 2011
Credits
The server is mainly populated with RMM members, most of the structures have been built by RMM members. It makes sense that the server seem as it is RMM, because a lot of it is the RMM. When other people from other clans and groups play on the server as much as the RMM does then the attitude will shift, that just happens to be how the world works.

That is the hope, hence why I made this thread to make sure the attitude will shift when more non-RMM members start using the server. And yes Noodle, this should be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.