What's new

Spawn Base Rule Re-applied

Velocityshot

Level 30
Jul 19, 2011
Credits
I was hoping we could implement the spawn base rule again (no spawn bases visible from spawn). For I've noticed the past few days many people I try to fight run off in a base and close their doors. It makes me not want to PvP, and I bet it makes a lot off others not want to PvP. I suggest we make it so spawn bases can't be within looking distance, or a certain number of blocks.

Or some type of 'no running into spawn bases while in PvP rule'

--- merged: Jan 24, 2012 at 8:12 PM ---

People running away just ruins PvP -COMPLETELY-

Jan 29, 2011
Credits
If they wanted bases so far away from they would claim the warzone to it.

Running away does ruin PvP but it's always an opportunity for people.

Velocityshot

Level 30
Jul 19, 2011
Credits
I don't mind RMM at all, you guys actually fight and die with pride. Its other people that run in there little bases and stay there making me /spawn that pisses me off.

--- merged: Jan 24, 2012 at 9:12 PM ---

I just don't get why there was a spawnbase rule, and now its not there. Its ruining PvP so bad.

Velocityshot

Level 30
Jul 19, 2011
Credits
The side of this argument is that when the spawn base rule was in effect there was hardly any PvP but this could of been to do with the actual spawn not the base.

The whole spawn was messy, it was in a lake. But I think it should be implemented for like, a week or so to see how we do.

M1_Mercenary

Level 48
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 14, 2010
Credits
Remember the Spawn camp rule came at the time when the spawn was cub nakes crater that took forever to get out of, and that idiots kept claiming the railways or right next to them to shoot at people.

I think there should be a spawn base rule reimplemented, as some of the images I seen. If I didn't have 1600ms Ping, I bet I could stand on some of these bases and reliably harass or kill people as soon as they hopped out of spawn.

Edit: or worse yet build a TNT cannon on top of one of the bases pointing towards spawn and blow up people who hop off the fence.

Wren

Level 44
Jul 10, 2011
Credits
I completely understand you Velo (It's annoying as fuck)

I have an idea for 1.2 that'll hopefully fix the whole running and hiding behind a base thing while also making things more interesting.

Extending the warzone and having the whole thing as an 'urban' (or at least an admin built) area that has structures, hills, etcetcetc specifically designed to make PvP around spawn interesting. Most of the PvP happens at spawn anyway. It's only still a new idea and it can be improved upon and worked on but I feel you'll like it none the less.

I'd like to add, this requires a map reset, I know most so far seem to be agaisnt one, it'd be better to get all of this sorted and THEN stick with a map, it'd make everything awesome.

GoMLv

Level 8
Jul 29, 2011
Credits
Kind of what wren said, But i think if we do get a new spawn in 1.2 that the 4 different sides of spawn should all be different. One side ice, another lava, another full of trees(jungle), and maybe another like.. a dark area with a roof full of zombies with a maze or something creative. Although i wont be the one building it which would be a pain lol. Just a thought

Velocityshot

Level 30
Jul 19, 2011
Credits
I completely understand you Velo (It's annoying as fuck)

I have an idea for 1.2 that'll hopefully fix the whole running and hiding behind a base thing while also making things more interesting.

Extending the warzone and having the whole thing as an 'urban' (or at least an admin built) area that has structures, hills, etcetcetc specifically designed to make PvP around spawn interesting. Most of the PvP happens at spawn anyway. It's only still a new idea and it can be improved upon and worked on but I feel you'll like it none the less.

I'd like to add, this requires a map reset, I know most so far seem to be agaisnt one, it'd be better to get all of this sorted and THEN stick with a map, it'd make everything awesome.

I love this idea, but Joserence tried this. Nobody really used them, and unless we make it like, REQUIRED to pass through to get to wilderness, it won't work great. And for new players to have to fight through that might be hard.

I saw we do this, but bring back the [New] rank so people can easily cross the warzone area.

Dakry

Level 31
Oct 10, 2010
Credits
I must admit I like wrens idea on this one. Often enough (sorry for bringing up RMM history here) I have wanted to build spawn based on something similar to the old Metropolis city. But have it so that spawn is a set, built area and then everything outside of it is ruined buildings for a long way out of spawn view. The only other way to put it is to have something similar to a fallout map with decimated buildings surrounding spawn and then bases can be built outside of that. Though it would involve alot of time and effort, a map reset and the likes. And no you wouldn't get to keep your stuff (man it annoys me, we want a map reset, but we want to keep our stuff... so reset all resources but effectively import old ones...).

M1_Mercenary

Level 48
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 14, 2010
Credits
ooh, a destroyed city as a spawn, with climbable buildings to allow for snipers and fights in the buildings sounds awesome! :D

I do see a few tweaks that will be needed. We would have to add a spawn camp rule, or otherwise ensure that with a ruined city format, the more limited directions out of spawn won't have people park ten blocks away and jump anyone who comes out of spawn.

Or if desired, instead of a spawn camp rule, we could stop enforcing the spawn shooting rule if the person being shot is camping spawn. :)

Wren

Level 44
Jul 10, 2011
Credits
I understand your point but there'd be no need for a spawn camping rule and the spawn shooting rule should stay. What I mean is instead of the randomly generated area around spawn with some random buildings, the whole area is built upon, roads, slopes, some buildings. Instead of some hills and slopes, the place would be built with PvP in mind, maybe housing a nether portal, end portal, shops, other stuff.

Like I said, most PvP DOES happen around spawn, so if the area around spawn is built like one massive arena it'd work well. It'd at least be better as the warzone will be extended.

The area shouldn't be like a maze, just improved for PvP. Implementing any kind of spawn camping rule saps PvP because people have to think 'Am I killing TOO much?' and that sucks, you don't want to have to worry about getting in trouble for killing someone a lot on a PvP server. They can always just jump out of the other side and run. I do understand your reasoning though.

@Velo The warzone around spawn will all be changed, so, yeah, they'd have to walk through it :>