What's new

Fallout S.P.E.C.I.A.L. Anthology Out a Day Before the Fallout TV Series

With less than two months to go until Fallout hits the small screens, Bethesda has announced a new compilation based on its popular post-apocalyptic franchise.

Fallout S.P.E.C.I.A.L. Anthology is a compilation featuring seven Fallout games. Like the Fallout Anthology released a few years back, this compilation includes Steam codes for the PC versions of the games, as well as a Mini-Nuke replica. The compilation costs $60, with preorders now available at the Bethesda Gear shop, though the anthology is supposed to be sold at other retailers.

The Mini-Nuke replica is a lovely collector's item for fans of this nuclear-fuelled franchise that stores the cards and features a sound effect that produces an explosion. Or, if you are really creative, you can use it as a case for a gaming PC.

What's interesting about the packaging, as seen in the image above, is the compilation includes seven S.P.E.C.I.A.L. cards. Based on the S.P.E.C.I.A.L. cards found in 2018's Fallout 76, each card is printed with a P.C. code for the seven Fallout games. You can see the complete list below:

Not a bad compilation for newcomers to the series or longtime fans who have yet to collect all the Fallout games in their digital library. Of course, if the only Fallouts you are missing are the classic games like Fallout Tactics, you could wait until later this year when the Epic Games Store gives them away for free.

Fallout S.P.E.C.I.A.L. Anthology releases on April 11 — one day before the Fallout T.V. series premieres on Prime Video.

Taylor is a Reporter at IGN. You can follow her on Twitter @TayNixster.

Continue reading...