Staff member
Jul 20, 2011
Credits
Position Wanted: Moderator

Minecraft Name: ericextreem

Timezone: Eastern Standard (US)

Relevant Experience, Reasoning, Name Dropping and Explanations:

Hi, all

Seeing as aggression has been flourished with tons of activities (New Players, Cheating, More PvP), Ive come to see that no moderators have been on lately. this led me to think, "hey, why not join Erskew and try to become a mod". I've been a mediator for 2 months or so and i feel Ive got what it takes to become a helpful moderator.

I joined Aggression sometime in early July, and in the 6 months I have been on the server I have done and seen a lot of things, good and bad. I've been through tons of situations, experiences and fun times while on here. And through all the hours of playing I have on Aggression, I've loved every second of it. But at the moment, ive realized all to well that it has changed over the course of the pass 2 months, and quite alot if I may say. MANY more people have joined aggression lately, and ive been saying my "Welcome to aggression so and so!" alot more then im used to. Now, we do have 4 or 5 mediators on Aggression, and usually 1 is always online. We also have mockers online a lot to catch X - Rayers and what not, but for a good 3 or 4 hours of noon, there are no staff online (not counting mediators). This is where I could come in.

I Spent a lot of time trying to learn the World Edit and World Guard commands, and I've learned them quite well now. And of course through mediating I can jail, mute or ban someone fairly quick.

Also, I feel I would be very active all the time. I enjoy spectating and making sure nothing goes wrong while online, many times I wish to do things, and don't have the perms to do it. Going forth, i would be the only active moderator on most of the time. i have not seen Erskew online a whole lot anymore (makes me sad), And I can only wonder where and why he hasn't been on as much.But paramount of why I would like to become mod, is for the creative side of things. I have many ideas I think would be pretty cool to be added. If I could, I would apply for Builder. But that's not as viable and I understand that I may not be trusted enough by BoN to be granted that rank. So moderator would be just as furfilling and allow me to help and create things all the same way.

Aggression has come to be my reason for minecraft. fun times I will remember for many months.

If it Ever goes down, or something bad happens, I get angry. When someone cheats or spams, it gets me mad because this is my server, and people try to ruin it. Ever since I joined i wanted to be a mod, only to know I can be helpful to the server I love.

Minecraft is THE GAME of choice for me, and I would love to be in the SAME TEEM with Staff.

Bye, all

(also, this totally didn't take me an hour to write (; )

Last edited by a moderator:

Dakry

Level 31
Oct 10, 2010
Credits
This is certainly an interesting prospect I will give you that. I have seen your activity and I enjoy your attitude towards people in all lights. I also enjoy your understanding of situations when they arise and how "not" to drive me nuts when i'm, per se, building something and items are dropping beneath me that other players are determined to take. I would certainly want a positive conversation on this one and possibly a talk with you on TS, Skype or whatever medium with another admin present to get a solid feel for you and how you would do in this job. Often if people try too hard it will only show through in voice as will bias and any other affecting factors thus why I mention it. I have certainly taken this in a positive light and vote for avid discussion.

EricExtreme

Level 30
Staff member
Jul 20, 2011
Credits
That means a lot to see that Dakry. I greatly do appreciate the positive feed back from you. And yes, I'm usually on anytime during the day, and anytime your on TS ill hop in the channel with you, another thing, Message me your Skype and I'll be sure to add you. It's good to Have your approval on this.

EricExtreme

Level 30
Staff member
Jul 20, 2011
Credits
@Marko: thanks budd! Great to have your support

@SpeechlessBacon: Another thanks, I do appreciate it.

@Velocity: yes around christmas I do realize I was quite inactive for almost a month. Personal issues. But I'm back now, and I'm here to stay. Thanks either way :)

Woody2371

Level 47
Jan 29, 2011
Credits
I haven't seen anything from Eric that would make me speak out against this staff change, however, keep in mind the following things:

-Moderator and Mediator are two very different jobs. Mediators are players who help out occasionally. Moderators are not players, they cannot participate in PvP, the entire time they are on the server they are part of the staff, and they may not have alternate accounts used for PvP.

-Moderators are expected to work with Admins to institute changes, and the workload of a Moderator is quite a bit higher than a Mediator.

If you understand these things, then I have no problem with a promotion to Moderator

EricExtreme

Level 30
Staff member
Jul 20, 2011
Credits
Yes, i understand that my position on Aggression would change quite alot,

I have thought about the responsibilities and my ability to PvP on the server for about 2 months.

When I applied, I knew that all this would be given up for a better way of helping Aggression. PvP is fun to me and all, but i much rather help out as much as I possibly could on the server

So, yes I understand that my responsibilities will be changed.

I Accept that this will be what I must face with the position of moderator.

Thank you, Tom.

Dakry

Level 31
Oct 10, 2010
Credits
Well aside from Noodle it would appear that all admins are in agreement. If I may I will now put Eric under a trial and we will keep an eye on him.

Woody2371

Level 47
Jan 29, 2011
Credits
Well aside from Noodle it would appear that all admins are in agreement. If I may I will now put Eric under a trial and we will keep an eye on him.

I have no problem with this, but has Echo spoken on this in TS or something outside of this thread?

EricExtreme

Level 30
Staff member
Jul 20, 2011
Credits
May i also add,

Because of this change, a mediator position is now available to anyone who is on hold (or recently applied).