Happy New Years

Woody2371

Level 47
Jan 29, 2011
Credits
Cant get used to the metric system

The Month/Day/Year makes more sence to me

And yes there are a bunch of retarded ass ppl here -.-

If you think Month/Day/Year makes more sense, then you're one of those people -.-

Explain to me how that possibly makes sense, in any logical way.

garfield32

Level 24
Jul 18, 2011
Credits
If you think Month/Day/Year makes more sense, then you're one of those people -.-

When u look at a calender first u look for the month then the day... then the year.... fits its spot lol

Wren

Level 44
Jul 10, 2011
Credits

To me, Day/Month/Year makes more sense but it doesn't headfuck me too much looking at it the other way.

To humor you, I suppose it's just like saying 'December the 30th' rather than 'The 30th of December'. I'm sure I've heard myself say the month before the day, I just don't write it that way. I'd still like a real explanation though. I remember reading about when America became independent they tried to do some things backwards for some reason, but that seems pretty farfetched.

Cub_Nake

Level 46
Sep 29, 2010
Credits
Like driving on the other side of the road and spelling some words differently. It was an attempt to further themselves from their previous British overlords.

garfield32

Level 24
Jul 18, 2011
Credits
Like driving on the other side of the road and spelling some words differently. It was an attempt to further themselves from their previous British overlords.

I'm glad we getting further away from British, i cant stand that fucking accent, it drives me insane, -.-

Jul 17, 2011
Credits
Good, we want you insane.

I always understood the American date format(MM/DD/YYYY) as Month Day-th Year, because they're lazy and it's more convenient for them to say.

The Normal format though(DD/MM/YYYY) is more practical though, just like the metric system. You know, each unit being 10 times smaller or larger than the next one, not 12 inches being a foot and however many feet being a yard.

Fun fact for us metric people, (I haven't done research on this) but I've heard that the one who made the metric system pretty much mainstream was Napoleon. Which means we're using a french system. :/

Woody2371

Level 47
Jan 29, 2011
Credits
1182942_460s.jpg