What's new

Use of Boats?

elphoop

Level 20
Sep 25, 2011
Credits
I think some donators (I dont know what rank) and any one above the pvt rank should be aloud to use boats.

1) Any one who's able to place boats can place boats for others

2) Were trusted players

3) When Some one is placing boats through walls we dont have as many suspects

4) Its a major source of travel

Jul 17, 2011
Credits
I don't care what you say, real men swim. Wusses.

I don't mind boats, but their SMP performance makes me sad, and even when someone uses the boat glitch the admins still have to look into it.

So if you like the admins, forget the boat crafting recipe and get on swimming.

Jaime

Level 24
Sep 8, 2011
Credits
Haha nice of you to bring this up because im 14 and made it to Varsity Swimming I made it to state and won district 4a for my Grade :p Nuff Said~

elphoop

Level 20
Sep 25, 2011
Credits
and even when someone uses the boat glitch the admins still have to look into it.

That is true. And is a very good point.

But it will be very rare if for say legendary donaters and cpl and upto boat glitch. Also it will make a searching for them alot easyer. Also SOME people CPl and up a very trust worthy people. Also can a Staff member post of how many people CPL and up there are and how many were banned

M1_Mercenary

Level 48
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 14, 2010
Credits
I would agree if it can only be placed on water, and auto breaks if it comes out of water somehow.

That is true. And is a very good point.

But it will be very rare if for say legendary donaters and cpl and upto boat glitch. Also it will make a searching for them alot easyer. Also SOME people CPl and up a very trust worthy people. Also can a Staff member post of how many people CPL and up there are and how many were banned

While I would agree on the higher ranks having less risk of using glitches due to requirement of being on the server for a while and trusted. It seems that the average minecrafter seems glad to try to use donation as a way of thinking they can get away with breaking rules, or to bribe themselves out of a ban :/

elphoop

Level 20
Sep 25, 2011
Credits
We should do a server test. We give higher ranks boats and if a boat glitch happens we take it away. If the higher ranks go well we should try it with donators... Same way if one does the glitch all privlage is gone.

Jul 17, 2011
Credits
I don't think donators should be this exclusive. Make it for both higher ranks and donators, and if there's a single boat glitch remove boats completely.

MadMockers

Level 16
Nov 25, 2011
Credits
Boats are currently disabled at the server level (I.e. not even admins can make boats). This is due to a bug in world guard that allows boats to still be placed, even when disabled.

Admin

Level 50
Staff member
Administrator
Feb 16, 2011
Credits
  1. VIP places down boat
  2. Non VIP gets in boat
  3. Suddenly boat glitching is open to everyone again

NO!