What's new

Ubisoft Might Extend XDefiant Closed Beta If Servers Stabilize

Ubisoft may extend XDefiant’s closed beta if the game’s servers stabilize, according to Ubisoft San Francisco’s executive producer.

XDefiant’s closed beta started on April 13, but it has been plagued with issues for several days such as progression not saving and players being shot around corners. Additionally, the PlayStation and Xbox versions had some delayed patches.

Fortunately, the executive producer Mark Rubin said on Twitter, “Oh, and if all goes well and the servers finally gain some stability then I think we should look at extending the Beta but I have to see what that would mean for team.”

Oh, and if all goes well and the servers finally gain some stability then I think we should look at extending the Beta but I have to see what that would mean for team.

— Mark Rubin (@PixelsofMark) April 15, 2023

The closed beta is scheduled to continue until April 23, but it seems possible that it will be extended due to the servers being down and the issues popping up. However, neither Ubisoft nor Rubin has made an official announcement.

XDefiant was first announced in 2021 as Tom Clancy’s XDefiant, but the Tom Clancy branding was dropped later on in March 2022.

In IGN’s XDefiant first closed beta impressions, we said, “It’s not perfect and definitely requires a lot of major and fine-tuning. But the core gameplay is there and it’s fun.”

George Yang is a freelance writer for IGN. He's been writing about the industry since 2019 and has worked with other publications such as Insider, Kotaku, NPR, and Variety.

When not writing about video games, George is playing video games. What a surprise! You can follow him on Twitter @Yinyangfooey

Continue reading...