What's new

Star Wars Jedi: Survivor Fans Love New Froggy Character Turgle

Star Wars Jedi: Survivor fans have fallen hard in love with an unlikely character - a strangely charismatic frog-boy called Turgle.

Fans first encountered Turgle on the planet Koboh, where protagonist Cal Kestis intercedes to save the alien’s life from an electrifying end at the hands of the Bedlam Raiders - a criminal group intent on terrorising the system under the leadership of the Gen’dai Rayvis.

Though some gamers low-key wish that Cal had left Turgle to the predations of the Bedlam Raiders, others immediately fell for the comedic character’s open naivety and ineffable big frog energy. Whilst Turgle appears generally upbeat during his interactions with Cal, players can find hints of the amphibian’s deeply-rooted self doubt and anxiety by interacting with force echoes found on Koboh.

I am so proud to be a part of Star Wars cannon after so many years. And I am so very touched by all the fan love for this little guy🙏❤️ I Am Turgle! pic.twitter.com/lMd7b8AWnA

— Richard Horvitz (@RichardHorvitz) May 1, 2023

Turgle devotees quickly took to social media to post fan art and voice their appreciation for their newfound champion, with many pledging to protect him with their lives, while others called for further Turgle content in the form of a movie, or at the very least DLC.

“I am so proud to be a part of Star Wars cannon after so many tears, and I am so very touched by all the fan love for this little guy," tweeted Turgle’s voice actor Richard Horvitz in response to the outpouring of affection. "I am Turgle!!”

Members of the development team also voiced their love for the character, with Respawn Entertainment's Justin Perez tweeting, "All of us on the dev team were pretty sure Turgle was going to be the breakout star of Jedi Survivor, and the main takeaway from today is that we were absolutely correct". Perez also revealed that the team had an internal Slack channel dedicated to pictures taken in the game's photo mode, which was dominated by "Turgle glamour shots".

IGN gave Star Wars Jedi: Survivor a 9/10, describing it as “a sequel that does virtually everything better than the original - which was already an exceptional Star Wars Game”.

To get the best start while playing, check out IGN's Star Wars Jedi: Survivor Wiki Guide on the best things to do first, alongside essential tips and tricks, things you should know that the game doesn't tell you, and our full walkthrough and collectibles guide.

Anthony is a freelance contributor covering science and video gaming news for IGN. He has over eight years experience of covering breaking developments in multiple scientific fields and absolutely no time for your shenanigans. Follow him on Twitter @BeardConGamer

Continue reading...