What's new

Rmazi10's Staff Application

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheRWT

Level 4
Jul 23, 2011
Credits
Position Wanted [Admin/Moderator]: Admin - Or whatever you feel I deserve based on my experience.

Minecraft Name: Rmazi10

Timezone: Eastern Time (UTC -05:00) US & Canada

Relevant Experience:

There are various reasons to why I believe that I am well suited to fit the position as an Administrator on the server. I have the maturity level to run this position correctly. I am well at solving disputes and I have patience to do so. I will listen to both sides of the argument and proof must be provided as evidence for whatever claim they may be arguing about. I will not be bias to any side and I will even punish friends if needed. As the server must maintain its stability among the members regardless of who must be punished. As an Administrator, I will only look out for the well-being of the server and its players. I also have plenty of spare time to deal with all of this and I rarely log out of the server to begin with. Everyone will know me and I will try to make friends with everyone on the server, avoiding enemies at all costs. I am a very easy to get along with person, so I doubt there will be any problems with me and any of the players. If a player does find a problem with me, I will discuss it with him accordingly. If he decides to flame me and such, I could really careless about what he decides to waste his time doing. I am not there to listen to his flame, instead I am there to pay attention to the servers and players needs. I understand how a server must be ran and the strict rules of the admin must be followed or else the server may fail.

I have plenty of experience with owning and administrating private servers. I have owned a Minecraft server (free build) with basic protection and griefing plug-ins. The server was shut down because of me not wanting to pay for the hosting when donations where obviously not working. In a free build server, there is not much to offer to make money off of. Obviously. Although I have only used the basic plug-ins on my Minecraft server, I started up a project not too long ago to develop a server similar to yours. I did however find I did not want to deal with the VPS and hosting all over again. I figured I would start playing servers again and see where I could get in the community. I am have acquired many skills from Minecraft servers and I could basically change anything you need changed. Minecraft is obviously coded in java. I am proficient in this programming language. I will get more into this later. As well as the plug-ins themselves. Are also programmed in java.

Another type of server I have owned is a Runescape Private Server. Most people tend to dislike Runescape so go ahead and judge accordingly. I however enjoyed the game for quite some time and also enjoyed creating a private server version of what was my favorite game at the time. My Runescape private server had to be the most success I had ever had with a private server. Obviously Runescape has a much larger fan base then Minecraft. Runescape has been out much longer. Runescape Private Servers (RSPS) are also coded heavily in java. I have coded thousands of lines of code for my server. (no longer running as of about 1 year.) I have gained most of my programming skill from RSPS and studying it in my spare time. My RSPS server ran for 6 months before I finally quit doing it and just let the server die off. I stopped updating and people got tired of it. Although it was quite successful. There were still some bugs that needed fixed because nothing is always perfect. It took so much time and I had to concentrate on school work at the time. I gained about $3000.00 of PROFIT from my RSPS. I am not trying to be gloat. As you have a successful Minecraft server with a large player base compared to other servers I have seen. The RSPS I ran had 100+ players on at all times. I will admit, Dealing with 100+ players with the small staff I had, was an extreme annoyance at all times. People always tend to never read rules and understand at all how difficult it is to do everything for everyone at all times, well maintaining the server. Obviously that is why I had Administrators and Moderators on the server, to help the load but at sometimes it was extremely overwhelming.

I was an Administrator on a World of Warcraft Server. Known as Ex-Wow. (Exigence WoW). I did not do much coding there although I did help slightly. As they already had a coding team. I was more of a help for the staff to keep the server flowing smoothly and ensure no one had any problems. I answered tickets upwards of 6 hours a day. I have no clue of how the server is running at the time. I will probably check it out after I finish typing this application out. It had a decent amount of players. At least 50 on at all times. The server was highly maintained and the owner (Fodah) made a lot of money from it. When I left it seemed like they stopped caring about the server and that was my reasoning for leaving. The players began to leave because they did not work as hard as they did when I joined to keep the server maintained. Let's face it. If you have played WoW, It ALWAYS has new updates to keep the players paying that 15 dollars a month. The server was failing because of lack of updates . No new content = People get bored after they have everything already. People begin to leave and if new people are not there to fill their spots then the player base dies. Once the player base dies. Less people join and it is hard to get it going again. I have just checked the news on the website and yes, the server was shut down.

Quoted from the News Stream -

"I'd like to thank everyone for allowing ExWoW to come this far. Sadly, the declining player base and decaying emulation community has forced us to shut the doors. Now a days, there isn't a project with too much potential to provide quality cataclysm private server game play, and it seems that the general consensus is that players don't favor the idea of down patching to an older expansion. I'm not saying that ExWoW will never return, there's always potential." - Fodah

Although this serves no relevance to my application, really. The server was quite successful at one point in time and I had gained the trust of the admin community and the owner to help administer the server. I had access to every database on the server.

Another reason, I may have detailed it a bit above is because I have gained a good bit of skill in coding java. I can recode and decompile plug-ins if there are problems. Of course, I will not fix the plug-in perfectly as it is quite annoying to read someone else's coding style. Everyone has their own methods for going about fixing problems and such. I will try my best to help with this part, if need be. Although it is annoying. I am also studying for a degree in Software Engineering. I will most likely specialize in JavaScript and Java. For obvious reasons. Minecraft is coded in Java and I could be of help in solving problems.

I hope that what I have typed has gained you attention at me potentially becoming part of the team. I would love to help the server, as I enjoy playing it frequently. I will do my best to help as much as I can. If you feel that I do not deserve a position on the staff at all, I will continue to play and vote regardless of what you think.

Thank you for your time.

P.S. If you need me to go in more detail in a specific section or explain or provide proof, I will try my best to do so. Just ask me what you need me to do if necessary.

TheRWT

Level 4
Jul 23, 2011
Credits
It is not the size of the application, It is the impression and the content.

Thank you for your Goodluck.

Quality over Quantity. Although I do believe I stretched this kind of far.

Impressive. And I thought I could type a large application.

Good luck.

- erskew :)

Dannie

Level 29
Jul 3, 2011
Credits
Very nice application. I'm going to put you on the Mediator cycle for the time being though.

From there we'll get you up into Moderator later on.

- The Administration Team

Status
Not open for further replies.