What's new

===Regarding Rail PvP===

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sea

Level 35
Jul 3, 2011
Credits
Recently I have seen several people break rules near the rails.

You are allowed to

• Run back in after everyone is dead. (unless allies/SAME TEEM)
  • Rape people
  • Push people off the tracks

You are not allowed to

• Shot from spawn
  • Run back once in PvP combat (including being hit by an arrow)
  • Abuse safezone
  • Run under the bridge for protection

Failure to obey these rules will result in the following

• 1st Offence /slay
  • 2nd Offence /tjail for 3h
  • 3rd Offence /tjail for 5h
  • 4th Offence Will tooken to the admins.

How to deal with someone who brakes these rules

• /msg an admin/moderator
  • DO NOT say in global chat
  • Record for proof (post a claim afterwards)

Thank you, Sea

Snowyblitz

Level 21
Jul 16, 2011
Credits
Hey there, Sea!

That clarifies railway PvP a lot. Thanks for that!

However, recently I have seen people being killed while sitting on a minecart. Is this intentional or not? What will be their punishment (if there will be one)?

M1_Mercenary

Level 48
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 14, 2010
Credits
I wish there was a way safezones will work, but it wont protect you if you are in PVP combat, so that will ruin those running to a safe zone for protection. I would like to keep the railways and stations safe for those just traveling elsewhere.

brownsamuel

Level 15
Aug 21, 2011
Credits
From my knowledge the rail roads are currently a pvp zone ( specifically war zones ). This means people just riding on the tracks from station to station can be attacked. In my opinion the tracks should be safe zones.

What admins / mods whoever can change the situation is to clear all of the land close to the rail roads so that you can not jump to them.

Secondly make about a 10 or more block radias ( excuse my spelling ) around the tracks to prevent builing so people can rush back on top.

Thirdly filling in the area below the tracks ( that i wish to become safe zone ) with stone to prevent people from running under there for safety during PvP. Now this means people will have to walk to a station or tp to the spawn to reach the other side of the tracks. In other words this portion is EXTREMELY optional.

And as for my last suggestion for the night I propose that either admins or someone else discovers a way to prevent people from stopping others that are riding the tracks. This has proven to be extremely annoyimg because we as players can not place the cart again to continue moving. If there is any way to solve this problem it would be nice. If it comes down to it you could make this action punishable? Maybe a small jail time such as 30 minutes to start off after being caught twice. Then increasing the time period of serving time.

Just a few thoughts tell me what you guys think :)

J3ll0

Level 13
Jul 18, 2011
Credits
*sigh* if there was a way to make people harmable who have an active combat tag even in the safe zone, but only by the attacker/attacked. That would easily resolve the abuse of hitting someone then running to the tracks for safety."Edit: I didn't notice that M1 already said the same thing :/

The Noodle

Level 48
Aug 1, 2010
Credits
I will be making some changes to the tracks in the near future.

1) The tracks will be up in the air with water underneath to drop into.

2) The tracks will be protected with world guard not factions. This allows for a cubiod.

mark_577

Level 21
Jul 16, 2011
Credits
Some of the tracks are warzones, not safezones. I have been dealing with a few people killing eachother on the rails, and running back onto the tracks.

I would like to ask if blocking or breaking someone's cart is jail-able.

J3ll0

Level 13
Jul 18, 2011
Credits
Noodle, I do think that is a much easier fix then :3 And, imo, blocking/breaking someone's cart would be against the rules, qualifying as "trashing public places."

Laithes

Level 47
Nov 26, 2010
Credits
Goddamn it, I could have killed Exeal at least twice, and Jord at least once on the tracks if I had known that. :/

Snowyblitz

Level 21
Jul 16, 2011
Credits
Recently, a person got jailed for running back into the safe zone after combat hadn't ended. Another person, namely Sigmatik, argued that it wasn't illegal because "Tom and Dakry don't punish people for it." He then proceeded to say that he doesn't care after I replied that SeaRex addressed it in this post. He then use verbal insults about SeaRex and said that Moderators don't make the rules.

Could I get a clarification about this issue? I don't want to let cheaters go unpunished or wrongly jail people.

Thank you,

Snowyblitz

Status
Not open for further replies.