What's new

Recommendations for the server

Status
Not open for further replies.

westerhack

Level 12
Jan 22, 2012
Credits
1) Make it so you cant claim land right outside the warzone. It is really hard to do anything out there, and even though i'm outside, its annoying having people murdering you right when you step outside

2) Nether portals. I really think this would be a good idea. Makes it so you can brew, gain netherrack (which should be able to be lit), kill a lot more enemies for more money, and make it harder to guard your base (also need to guard portal room as well). Also, I know there is some confusion about nether portal duplication glitches. They only work on single player. I have tried them before on other servers, and they don't work. If you don't believe me, try it out yourself.

3) Let flint and steel be used. It is really annoying not being able to use them, and being restricted from normal gameplay. I know they can be used to grief, but then people should make their houses out of cobblestone, or non-flammible things.

4) Redstone. I love (and am pretty good at) redstone. I like making secret passageways in my base, that you have to pull a lever to open up. I would prefer we would be able to make things with it, because I have like 10 stacks of them, and they can only be used to make potions, or redstone devises, both of which you can't currently get.

5) Ability to sell things. I have a lot of crap that I don't really want, like tons of dirt. Maybe you can make it so dirt/cobble/sand/etc is worth like $1, while other things like diamonds are worth like $100. I also want to be able to buy things off of people, and know that there is no way they can rip me off.

6) Parties/Tpa/Sethome. I really want these, because they are really useful. Parties are things you can talk freely in, but you have to know the party name. It makes a level even smaller than faction chat (public -> ally -> faction -?> parties). You also can teleport to party members. Tpaccept/tpadeny/etc are really useful commands, like if you are building a house, and want someone to help you, they could just tpa to you (you have to accept the teleport). Lastly, I want sethome. This might be a donor option, I don't know. But I do know that it is really useful. My faction home is underground. Every single time I want to get to my base, I have to walk through like 5 cooridors, closing doors behind me, and climbing a latter to the surface, then going into my home. I want to be able to set my home there, so I can just do /home and go there instead. It would be eisier. You could also make a cooldown time, or a wait period like doing /spawn.

Thats all. I really hope you consider adding some of these!

M1_Mercenary

Level 48
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 14, 2010
Credits
1) I would like to see the Warzone continue out a bit farther.. but the bigger problem I see now are idiots camping right outside spawn walls.

2) Nope, lets people abuse unlimited obsidian, and makes the nether less dangerous than was planned

3) Can you say 'Massive forest fires'? (Also using it on other's bases breaks one of our rules.)

4) Was taken away cause people were derps with Redstone circuits and pistons and causing lag. should be attainable with higher rank on server.

5) You can sell things now. I seems pretty common to buy and sell stuff from others from server chat.

6) Nah, one teleport for factions is enough.

Jan 29, 2011
Credits
1) I would like to see the Warzone continue out a bit farther.. but the bigger problem I see now are idiots camping right outside spawn walls.

2) Nope, lets people abuse unlimited obsidian, and makes the nether less dangerous than was planned

3) Can you say 'Massive forest fires'? (Also using it on other's bases breaks one of our rules.)

4) Was taken away cause people were derps with Redstone circuits and pistons and causing lag. should be attainable with higher rank on server.

5) You can sell things now. I seems pretty common to buy and sell stuff from others from server chat.

6) Nah, one teleport for factions is enough.

This.

westerhack

Level 12
Jan 22, 2012
Credits
1) Thumbs up

2) I know... but that is only minor compared to everything else you get from the nether. Most other servers use it. How is the nether less dangerous then? If there is no nether, then it is less dangerous then it would be with one

3) I can 'Massive forest fires' (I said out loud too ;p). Also, There is a rule against defacing terrain for no reason, and for peoples bases, This is a PVP server. They should be able to protect themselves. Also, There is very little that can be burned, and you can just as easily mine it with an axe, and keep the drops.

4) Yes, I know about that bug. Now I want to be a higher rank to use it :D >.<

5) I meant the essentials command /sell hand ...

6) Ok, so tpa is off. Can you at least give us permissions for the parties, but not teleporting in the parties. also, what about sethome?

P.S. most of the wanted added features are essentials, and just require simple permissions edditing

M1_Mercenary

Level 48
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 14, 2010
Credits
2) Cause you can then sell it, and its also near impossible/takes a LONG time to break.. imagine a group farming obsidian for a bit, and surrounding an enemy's base with it just to be an ass.

3) its the same reason TNT land damage and Raid Days will never be implemented, and why we have a rule against damaging others' owned land. yes its a PVP server, but to tell people to protect it.. Lets just say give me non-satellite internet and a week of being able to damage your faction land, I bet you would be against this quite fast.

5) Not needed as you can sell stuff already, why fix what is not broken?

6)well, the main issue of being against having multiple set-able teleports is that I am not sure if you can protect from all the dweebyness. but with new factions permissions, you may be able to give allies access to your faction spawn.

westerhack

Level 12
Jan 22, 2012
Credits
2) And your willing to sacrifice the whole nether just because people might do that? Every single bit of it? Or maybe you could just have a public portal.

3) I wouldn't care. I dont have any wooden things at my base, and same goes with most of my faction. I see nothing wrong with flint and steel. You can light things on fire with lava, but it takes longer. You can still use lava to burn things, so why not just add flint and steel. Not having brewing/the nether/ the end (cant get blaze rods) is bad enough, why take away flint and steel aswell

5) then how?

6) What?

garfield32

Level 24
Jul 18, 2011
Credits
2) there will be a portal to the nether, there always has been, probly just waiting for stargate to update.

3) isnt fire spead off?

6) just makes it to easy to attack enemy bases

Jan 29, 2011
Credits
2) And your willing to sacrifice the whole nether just because people might do that? Every single bit of it? Or maybe you could just have a public portal.

3) I wouldn't care. I dont have any wooden things at my base, and same goes with most of my faction. I see nothing wrong with flint and steel. You can light things on fire with lava, but it takes longer. You can still use lava to burn things, so why not just add flint and steel. Not having brewing/the nether/ the end (cant get blaze rods) is bad enough, why take away flint and steel aswell

5) then how?

6) What?

2)They're waiting for a plugin to update

3)no point it will bypass faction protection which is the only reason it's there

5)As M1 has already said you sell to others

6) The reason for not having sethome is because you have /f sethome, and sethome can be abused in other factions land

westerhack

Level 12
Jan 22, 2012
Credits
2) Ok thats fine with me :cool:

3) Ok... but I still disagree

4) How?

5) sethome cant be set in enemy territory...

Snowyblitz

Level 21
Jul 16, 2011
Credits
2) Ok thats fine with me :cool:

3) Ok... but I still disagree

4) How?

5) sethome cant be set in enemy territory...

3) Flint and steel is somewhat useless. What is so important about it?

4) Ask in the global chat. E.g. "Selling 10 diamonds for 1000 coins!" So you have to make sure the buyer is trustworthy, of course.

5) It can be. It can be abused too. E.g. Leaving the faction, setting home in enemy base, rejoin faction. Ta-da!

westerhack

Level 12
Jan 22, 2012
Credits
3) so... your point is? I still think flint and steel shouldn't be restricted. If it is somewhat useless, why make it even more useless? Its sorta like banning snowballs. They don't server much of a purpuse, but there still is no point in banning them

4) I know, but I would like some way to make it not to be able to be abused. the perms are simple. they are just:

essentials.sell, and essentials.worth. It makes it easier to use.

5) Wait what? im in fac a. i leave it and go to fac b land. I try to set home. I can only set home in my faction's or wilderness's land. so I am not in fac b's faction, so I cant... I really think you should implement the ideas I mentioned. next person please comment on what I commented on, and your ideas for everything if you didnt vote

Snowyblitz

Level 21
Jul 16, 2011
Credits
3) so... your point is? I still think flint and steel shouldn't be restricted. If it is somewhat useless, why make it even more useless? Its sorta like banning snowballs. They don't server much of a purpuse, but there still is no point in banning them

4) I know, but I would like some way to make it not to be able to be abused. the perms are simple. they are just:

essentials.sell, and essentials.worth. It makes it easier to use.

5) Wait what? im in fac a. i leave it and go to fac b land. I try to set home. I can only set home in my faction's or wilderness's land. so I am not in fac b's faction, so I cant... I really think you should implement the ideas I mentioned. next person please comment on what I commented on, and your ideas for everything if you didnt vote

3) Snowballs can't harm anyone. Flint and steel can make forest fires.

4) It's a pvp server not economy. Various people have pushed for more shops but have failed because the argument that shops reduce the hardcore tone of the server.

5) I will explain it like this:

You belong to Faction A, whose enemy is Faction B.

You leave Faction A and /sethome on Faction B's land.

You rejoin Faction A.

/home works.

Velocityshot

Level 30
Jul 19, 2011
Credits
1) Make it so you cant claim land right outside the warzone. It is really hard to do anything out there, and even though i'm outside, its annoying having people murdering you right when you step outside

2) Nether portals. I really think this would be a good idea. Makes it so you can brew, gain netherrack (which should be able to be lit), kill a lot more enemies for more money, and make it harder to guard your base (also need to guard portal room as well). Also, I know there is some confusion about nether portal duplication glitches. They only work on single player. I have tried them before on other servers, and they don't work. If you don't believe me, try it out yourself.

3) Let flint and steel be used. It is really annoying not being able to use them, and being restricted from normal gameplay. I know they can be used to grief, but then people should make their houses out of cobblestone, or non-flammible things.

4) Redstone. I love (and am pretty good at) redstone. I like making secret passageways in my base, that you have to pull a lever to open up. I would prefer we would be able to make things with it, because I have like 10 stacks of them, and they can only be used to make potions, or redstone devises, both of which you can't currently get.

5) Ability to sell things. I have a lot of crap that I don't really want, like tons of dirt. Maybe you can make it so dirt/cobble/sand/etc is worth like $1, while other things like diamonds are worth like $100. I also want to be able to buy things off of people, and know that there is no way they can rip me off.

6) Parties/Tpa/Sethome. I really want these, because they are really useful. Parties are things you can talk freely in, but you have to know the party name. It makes a level even smaller than faction chat (public -> ally -> faction -?> parties). You also can teleport to party members. Tpaccept/tpadeny/etc are really useful commands, like if you are building a house, and want someone to help you, they could just tpa to you (you have to accept the teleport). Lastly, I want sethome. This might be a donor option, I don't know. But I do know that it is really useful. My faction home is underground. Every single time I want to get to my base, I have to walk through like 5 cooridors, closing doors behind me, and climbing a latter to the surface, then going into my home. I want to be able to set my home there, so I can just do /home and go there instead. It would be eisier. You could also make a cooldown time, or a wait period like doing /spawn.

Thats all. I really hope you consider adding some of these!

1. We had a spawnbase rule in Aggression 2.0, no idea what happened to it.

2. The Nether is broken, we've always had it, its just not working at the moment.

3. No. You aren't supposed to be able to use it in other people's land, so its just exploiting being able to do more things in others' land. Factions would have no use for it.

4. Redstone is allowed for certain ranks. It causes lag and if everyone were to use it, you wouldn't be playing on such a lag free server.

5. We have a coin system, we encourage trading within the community. Learn to buy and sell and trade from other players.

6. Thats unbelievably stupid. It makes more bugs possible, more trickery, more PvP log, and its overall unfair and been discussed.

All of these suggestions but number 1 don't help us at all. The spawn base rule must've been removed, and admins wouldn't just remove it, so there is probably a good reason for it being allowed.

westerhack

Level 12
Jan 22, 2012
Credits
3) Snowballs can't harm anyone. Flint and steel can make forest fires.

4) It's a pvp server not economy. Various people have pushed for more shops but have failed because the argument that shops reduce the hardcore tone of the server.

5) I will explain it like this:

You belong to Faction A, whose enemy is Faction B.

You leave Faction A and /sethome on Faction B's land.

You rejoin Faction A.

/home works.

Not if faction B enemies wilderness. I dont understant why a faction wouldnt enemy wilderness

Status
Not open for further replies.