What's new

PvP Risks and Rewards

Status
Not open for further replies.

cactusmax

Level 10
Aug 12, 2011
Credits
Lately when i have been at the spawn PvP-ing and i kill somebody whos better equipted than I they either acuse me of hacking or ask for their stuff back...and then when i say no they acuse me anyways... so the reason why i created this thread was to suggest a new rule in the /rules command:

If you lose your stuff during combat or raids, DO NOT EXPECT TO GET YOUR STUFF BACK!

:D just sayin..

Jaime

Level 24
Sep 8, 2011
Credits
He meant when he kills people they say he hacked, but he didn't. Also wants to add something in the /Rules command. If you die, don't expect your stuff back.

M1_Mercenary

Level 48
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 14, 2010
Credits
erm.. Why do we need to add a rule for something people should obviously know cause it is a PVP/Survival server.

cactusmax

Level 10
Aug 12, 2011
Credits
Because the veterans and noobs on this server often think they should be able to get their stuff back after a fight... doesn't make sense but it is happening like once every minute :p

Wizard12

Level 22
Aug 27, 2011
Credits
Yeah, I see this happening in chat often enough. I mean, come on, this is a pvp/survival server. The only time when you should get your stuff back is in honourable duels (They can happen... sometimes.... when there are gentlemen on.... okay, in my dreams... fine, they never happen, you happy!?!)

In short, I can't see the harm in adding a little reminder that there is no point being a cry baby on this server....

Jul 17, 2011
Credits
I'll add to the bandwagon, Server is PvP, and survival, so you must survive and PvP. Both introduce the risk of you losing the stuff. That's intentional. If you don't want to lose your stuff, go play some RP server where PvP is banned.

Dakry

Level 31
Oct 10, 2010
Credits
Though it would appear harmless to add a small line to the '/rules' that would warn players about their items being lost through their own gallantry and idiocracy that in turn brings its own list of problems. By introducing that line it would open an entire wave of new arguments based around warnings that we should give players regarding things that, in all honesty, should be easily recogniseable.

This form of behaviour of asking for items back after a death in some games would be considered a form of piracy, relying on the trusting nature of others in order to gain some personal benefit and it is neither the job of mods or admins to settle such dispute. If a player claims a "hack" has been employed then it is up to mods and admins to verify the falsehood of this claim. If it is indeed true, then you have something to be worried. However with the way the server is set up you needn't worry if you're innocent.

One thing to add on this note though is that if on a frequent occasion the same player appears to demanding stuff back and accusing people of hacking (etc...) then I would kindly accept a pm from you with a screen shot. If this behaviour carries on multiple times then I will happily have a chat with said player to ensure that they aren't just taking the mick.

Dakry.

cactusmax

Level 10
Aug 12, 2011
Credits
Haha :p i see no harm in making a slight change in the rules, Its not like its a ground breaking new game changing concept. :)

Woody2371

Level 47
Jan 29, 2011
Credits
The problem is not the rule, it is that adding that to /rules would then mean that we should add a whole slew of other things to /rules, such as "Don't trust people you don't know", and "Don't accept candy from strangers (except Noodle)".

It's common sense, not a rule.

M1_Mercenary

Level 48
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 14, 2010
Credits
May as well broadcast: "Did you know Creepers explode?"

"Armor protects you"

"Guess what, you loose your stuff when you die"

"Swords hurt people, and you can poke your eyes out"

Dakry

Level 31
Oct 10, 2010
Credits
Why do I get the feeling my post was just completely ignored causing Tom to have to reiterate.

Status
Not open for further replies.