What's new

PSA: The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom Spoilers Have Begun to Leak

It may be hard to believe, friends, but we are one week away from The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom's launch week! While that is undoubtedly very exciting, leaks have unfortunately started to happen online and we're here to remind you to stay safe out there.

We here at IGN won't be sharing any of these spoilers or links to them, but there are threads on Reddit's r/GamingLeaksAndRumours and others that have started to share some screenshots, gameplay footage, and more. These appear to be from 4Chan, Discord, and other places.

We've also confirmed that art from what appears to be The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom's art book have also leaked to some who may have gotten their hands on a copy of it early. There was a leak of the art book back in February, and it seems more people have their hands on it now or could be sharing images again. Either way, the danger of spoilers is high!

In addition to staying off certain Reddit pages and being careful in the comments of articles and such, we'd like to encourage people, if they'd like, to mute keywords on social media platforms like The Legend of Zelda, Tears of the Kingdom, Link, Hyrule, Ganon, etc.

The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom will be released on May 12, 2023, and we were finally able to get our hands on the much-anticipated sequel to 2017's The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild recently.

In our The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom hands-on preview, we said, "What truly caught me off guard with my time playing Tears of the Kingdom wasn’t just how much there was to do - and there was certainly tons - it was just how much creative freedom I had as I attempted to take on every corner of it so far."

For more, check out the news that The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom will let you save build designs, how it improves cooking, how it brings back Koroks but with a twist, and that we still don't really know what's replacing the Divine Beast dungeons.

Have a tip for us? Want to discuss a possible story? Please send an email to newstips@ign.com.

Adam Bankhurst is a news writer for IGN. You can follow him on Twitter
@AdamBankhurst and on Twitch.

Continue reading...