What's new

PSA: Sonic Frontiers Spoilers Have Begun to Leak

Sonic Frontiers is nearly here and, as has seem to become commonplace these days, spoilers have begun to leak ahead of its November 8 release date thanks to early copies being out in the wild. This here is a PSA to run as fast as the Blue Blur away from them.

While we won't link them here as we don't wish to spoil any of Sonic Frontiers for you, there are users already streaming Sonic Frontiers on Twitch, and ResetERA threads have already popped up with long videos of the game in action. Many of these are being quickly taken down by SEGA, but, my friends, the danger of spoilers has officially arrived.

Sonic series sound director Tomoya Ohtani has taken to Twitter to address the situation, saying, "please don't leak the unreleased Sonic Frontiers tracks and spoil the game to everyone, it makes me sad to see people ruining the experience for others."

As previously mentioned, Sonic Frontiers will be released on November 8 and, in our final preview, we said, "It’s still an uneven experience, both visually and mechanically, but when my time was up and all I thought about was the disappointment of not being able to play more, that seemed like a good sign that Sonic Frontiers is in a pretty healthy spot."

Sonic Frontiers was first announced in December 2021 as an 'open-zone' Sonic Adventure, and we featured it as our IGN First for June and shared the first hands-on preview back then as well.

For more, check out why you won't be able to "even scratch" some bosses until you unlock Super Sonic, our look at combat gameplay, why its world is unlike any other, and our chat with Sonic Frontiers writer Ian Flynn on the open-zone story, Dr. Eggman, and more.

Have a tip for us? Want to discuss a possible story? Please send an email to newstips@ign.com.

Adam Bankhurst is a news writer for IGN. You can follow him on Twitter
@AdamBankhurst and on Twitch.

Continue reading...