What's new

Overwatch 2's New Hero Sojourn Gets an Origin Story

Blizzard has revealed the origin story for Overwatch 2's new hero, Sojourn.

A new trailer (below) shared how the series' first Black female hero came to be involved with Overwatch, with her story being directly linked to Soldier: 76 (aka Jack Morrison).

"My unit of the Canadian Special Forces teamed up with Overwatch during the Omnic crisis," Sojourn says in the trailer. "Jack Morrison and I worked well together and after the war he reached out."

While it doesn't show any actual gameplay, Sojourn can be seen holding a large gun reminiscent of Soldier: 76's weapon, and the trailer description said she's equipped with cybernetic abilities.

Sojourn seemingly served with Overwatch sometime between the original and second game, saying "no matter what their mission was, mine was to bring every last one of them home."

Sojourn concludes by saying: "It was the honour of a lifetime to have served with Overwatch but you can love a thing with your whole heart and still know it's time to say goodbye. Even the best journeys end, but a new one is right around the corner."

While Overwatch 2 brings back the entire cast of characters from the first game, Sojourn is the only confirmed new character so far.

Players with access to the first PC closed beta can test her out on April 26, and though Blizzard has not confirmed a release date for the game's official launch, it has said the PvP and PvE modes will arrive separately.

Ryan Dinsdale is an IGN freelancer who occasionally remembers to tweet @thelastdinsdale. He'll talk about The Witcher all day.

Continue reading...