What's new

Obsidian 'Sorry' For Troubled Launch of The Outer Worlds: Spacer's Choice Edition

Developer Obsidian has apologized on Reddit for the performance issues plaguing The Outer Worlds: Spacers’s Choice Edition, following its March 7 release on PS5, Xbox Series X|S and PC.

“I am sorry that you all have been experiencing performance issues with The Outer Worlds: Spacer's Choice Edition,” read the post. “I understand how frustrating this can be, and I assure you the team at Private Division is working on getting a patch out as soon as possible. When we have more information about that patch we'll be sure to let folks know."

The Reddit post also provided a link where players could submit support tickets to publisher Private Division as and when they run into issues with the game.

The Spacer’s Choice Edition got off to a shaky start earlier this week, with players reporting poor performance for both PC and console versions of the game. There are numerous posts on the game’s subreddit bewailing the issues, and the Steam rating for the game is currently sitting on Very Negative.

The Spacer’s Choice Edition — which includes the DLC packs Murder on Eridanos and Peril of Gorgon — was expected to bring a range of improvements to The Outer Worlds, including a dynamic weather system, overhauled lighting, and improved load times.

The remaster launched with a $59.99 price tag. However, for customers who already own the original game and its DLC on PS4, Xbox One, or PC, there's a $9.99 upgrade path available.

Anthony is a freelance contributor covering science and video gaming news for IGN. He has over eight years experience of covering breaking developments in multiple scientific fields and absolutely no time for your shenanigans. Follow him on Twitter @BeardConGamer

Continue reading...