What's new

New Spawn

hooty203

Level 18
Oct 22, 2011
Credits
We should have a better spawn. Check the pick.

Just a suggestion not bashing the builders or the administration member who built the spawn, I'am aware of time shortages and other things that could cause a less extreme spawn.

--- merged: Jan 16, 2012 at 9:26 AM ---

Were is the picture I uploaded???

--- merged: Jan 16, 2012 at 9:30 AM ---

http://screensnapr.com/v/TylW1V.png Go to link for picture.

--- merged: Jan 16, 2012 at 9:30 AM ---

Not finished.

elphoop

Level 20
Sep 25, 2011
Credits
Right now our spawn is good as it is. Its small so players dont have to walk alot of blocks to get outside. Its effective and has almost everything a spawn could have. A shop, Prison, and a Wall of Shame. Realy all our spawns missing is a nether portal and maaybe a end portal.

M1_Mercenary

Level 48
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 14, 2010
Credits
Anyone remember when it was last decided that it was a good idea to make a more 'pretty' spawn and the shitstorm it caused?

I loved putting a noise maker under the floor of that spawn to annoy Kibby Cub. :)

hooty203

Level 18
Oct 22, 2011
Credits
Right now our spawn is good as it is. Its small so players dont have to walk alot of blocks to get outside. Its effective and has almost everything a spawn could have. A shop, Prison, and a Wall of Shame. Realy all our spawns missing is a nether portal and maaybe a end portal.

There is a end portal u just need to look carefully. :p

--- merged: Jan 18, 2012 5:33 AM ---

The spawn I'am building is good looking or will be (I hope) and the edge is not far off and it is a great area to spawn in it has almost all biomes within 400 blocks.

--- merged: Jan 18, 2012 5:35 AM ---

Anyone remember when it was last decided that it was a good idea to make a more 'pretty' spawn and the shitstorm it caused?

I loved putting a noise maker under the floor of that spawn to annoy Kibby Cub. :)

What is a noise maker?

Dakry

Level 31
Oct 10, 2010
Credits
This is a lovely idea Hooty but there is more than just looks that comes into building these spawns. Our spawn at the moment is laid out specifically so as to avoid troubles with pvp'ers running back into spawn, it is laid out so it exactly fits a couple of chunks and thus needs to be square. It is also simplistic so as not to confuse those who first join the server.

hooty203

Level 18
Oct 22, 2011
Credits
Dakry,

Thanks so much replying to this thread!!! But the spawn I have created has a system identical to Aggression's to keep PvP'ers out. It also fits 9 chunks perfectly. As for slightly less important things or spawn features it has a large market beneath it which could be easily expanded and it also has a jail a recent event wall and could be very quickly made into a RPG hub using the four lava tower buildings. Tell what can be better so I can improve. Thanks again Dakry.

Sincerely, Hooty203