What's new

Nathan Fillion's Return to Destiny 2 for The Final Shape Expansion Hints at Major Returning Character

Warning: The following article contains spoilers for Destiny 2.

Destiny 2 has teased the return of a major character in its upcoming expansion, The Final Shape.

A new teaser trailer (above) for the game’s upcoming expansion has unveiled the return of a fan-favorite character who hasn’t been seen in quite a while.

Cayde-6 (voiced by Nathan Fillion) will be back in The Final Shape, Destiny 2’s next expansion which follows on from the recent Lightfall expansion.

In the video, he’s seen conversing with Ikora Rey, one of his fellow Guardians, and one of the three original class Vanguards. But quite how he’s back remains a bit of a mystery… and it might not be a permanent thing.

“I wish you could have been there,” says Ikora as she recounts some of the events that have passed during Cayde’s absence. “I'm here now,” he responds. “Wherever here is."

Cayde-6 was dramatically killed off in the earlier Destiny 2 expansion, Forsaken where the iconic Hunter Vanguard was brutally murdered by Uldren Sov after his ghost was destroyed by the Scorn.

IGN’s Destiny 2 review gave it 8/10 and said: “Destiny 2 is a blast out of the gate thanks to its excellent co-op shooter gameplay and strong storytelling in the campaign. Not all the features I’d expected to find are here, but it does deliver the same kind of highly social gameplay and rewarding, loot-driven progression that helped the original keep me hooked for hundreds of hours."

Want to read more about Destiny 2? Check out the God of War and Horizon outfits coming to the new Destiny 2 season as well as details of Bungie’s anti-cheating lawsuit victory.

Ryan Leston is an entertainment journalist and film critic for IGN. You can follow him on Twitter.

Continue reading...