Status
Not open for further replies.

_Xavier_

Level 1
Jul 16, 2011
Credits
IGN: _Xavier_

I was muted for advertising

Hello! Recently I was muted for advertising another server that I will not say the name of by SeaRex. It occurred after I mentioned that Mcmmo had returned to that server. The name was used in a friendly way, in a way I see that is in no way associated with advertising. SeaRex took it as advertising and promptly muted me. I have a screenshot of exactly what I said and hope to be unmuted soon and not have to wait three days.

If you have trouble seeing the text, I would suggest adjusting the zoom settings on whatever browser you use. It does contain the name of the server, so be warned, as I am unsure if it is ok to mention other servers on this forum.

The screenshot is attached and is a .GIF file.

On a side note, I would like to complain that SeaRex seems to be "trigger happy" from my point of view. He muted ariachred a few minutes after me for a reason I do not know. I know that the admins of this forum and the server deemed him worthy of being a mediator, and in no way am I saying this decision was wrong of them. [attachment=258:Screenshot of Chat.GIF]

Attachments

• Screenshot of Chat.GIF
    Screenshot of Chat.GIF
    6.2 KB · Views: 37

Dannie

Level 29
Jul 3, 2011
Credits
@_Xavier_

Thank you for the mediator report and I've removed you from the mute list as I don't see much advertising intent. I don't even know what moonlight either. What I do ask though, is that you try not to mention other servers in global chat in future.

See you in game!

- Dannie | Aggression Administration

P.s. Nice to see people using Spout. More features soon!

mark_577

Level 21
Jul 16, 2011
Credits
SeaRex has done nothing wrong. You were muted for accidentally saying the name of another server, which in some cases results in a ban. Although i have no proof, Ariachred and your faction were spamming chat with 'Please let him b unmuted' and 'cant you jsut let it go' or something like that. If you look in the picture, chat was filled with tehbros. If admins demote SeaRex, that would not be fair.

--- merged: Aug 31, 2011 at 6:28 AM ---

And also, Ariachred you pig! eating all that cake!

--- merged: Aug 31, 2011 at 6:32 AM ---

[attachment=259:2011-08-31_09.33.56.png]

Better font

Attachments

• 2011-08-31_09.33.56.png
    2011-08-31_09.33.56.png
    9.8 KB · Views: 32

Dannie

Level 29
Jul 3, 2011
Credits
@mark_577

As we trust Seabass will do the right thing on most occasions he wont be demoted until a more serious event occurs, if it ever does.

Sea

Level 35
Jul 3, 2011
Credits
Well he said mcmmo was back,

My Brian:

Brain process----> Adversiting. *knows about the sever*

Someone else's brain.

Brain process----> What's [server name]?

*Googles server name*

*Join sever*

= Advertising.

My explanation.

Now, how is that abuse?

Would it be advertising if I said "The PvP on [Server] Is amazing!" ?

@Dannie so he'll see.

Argument?

Admin

Level 50
Staff member
Administrator
Feb 16, 2011
Credits
Guys, mcMMO is back on x (that's cool, you should join it)

You were initially muted for a lot less time, but you chose to continue using /me to continue talking, keeping quiet wouldn't have had you muted for long.

Status
Not open for further replies.