What's new

Microsoft Flight Simulator Is On Sale

It's no secret I love Microsoft Flight Simulator. In fact, I reviewed Flight Simulator and gave it a 10. I couldn't have imagined any other score for it at the time: I was completely blown away. But they keep making it better. Not only are they constantly improving the sim side of it, with physics tweaks and performance upgrades, but they just keep adding more and more content. It's astounding.

Microsoft Flight Simulator Deal

This deal, which is incredible by the way, is for the physical Xbox Series X version. If you already have Game Pass, well, you already have Flight Sim, but if you don't for some reason, and you want that sweet, sweet disc, you can snag this really excellent deal.

From a content to price perspective, it's impossible to beat. You get the ENTIRE EARTH to explore. It's amazing. The simulation aspect of it is incredible enough, but the ability to fly literally anywhere on Earth is what makes it a masterpiece. I still can't believe it sometimes, even though I spend most of my time doing touch-and-goes at my local municipal airport.

I've been having a great time with the Top Gun Maverick content, which is far from a hollow Hollywood tie-in but is actually a set of really awesome challenges based on the movie. Landing on a carrier is, perhaps unsurprisingly, not easy.

They also just added the Pelican from Halo, and you would think that might feel out of place, but let me tell you something about Asobo Studios: they don't half-ass anything when it comes to Flight Simulator. It's amazing.

No idea how long this deal will be around, but if you're in the market for a physical edition of one of the most technically astonishing games ever created, grab this one now.

Seth Macy is Executive Editor, IGN Commerce, and just wants to be your friend. You can find him hosting the Nintendo Voice Chat podcast.

Continue reading...