What's new

Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy's Licensed Soundtrack Is a Vice City-Grade Collection of Hits

Square Enix and Eidos-Montréal have revealed the full licensed track list for Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy, which will go down well with any 80s and GTA: Vice City fan.

The soundtrack features 28 certified bangers from the 1980s, plus two original songs by “Star-Lord Band”, a fictional rock group from which the game's version of Star-Lord takes his name. The full track list can be seen below, as well as listened to on a variety of streaming services.

Additionally, Eidos-Montréal has also created two music videos for Star-Lord Band, with an 80s cartoons-inspired video for the single Zero to Hero, as well as a VHS-style video of Star-Lord Band performing the song on stage.

The full soundtrack is as follows:

• Never Gonna Give You Up - Rick Astley
  • Kickstart My Heart - Motley Crue
  • Turn Me Loose - Loverboy
  • Holding Out for a Hero - Bonnie Tyler
  • Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go - Wham!
  • (Don’t Fear) The Reaper - Blue Oyster Cult
  • Turn up the Radio - Autograph
  • Don’t Worry Be Happy - Bobby McFerrin
  • White Wedding - Pt.1 - Billy Idol
  • Hit Me With Your Best Shot - Pat Benatar
  • Everybody Have Fun Tonight - Wang Chung
  • Rock Rock (Till You Drop) - Def Leppard
  • Everybody Wants To Rule The World - Tears For Fears
  • Hangin’ Tough - New Kids On The Block
  • Tainted Love - Soft Cell
  • I Ran (So Far Away) - A Flock Of Seagulls
  • Every 1’s a Winner - Hot Chocolate
  • I’ll Tumble 4 Ya - Culture Club
  • We’re Not Gonna Take It - Twisted Sister
  • I love It Loud - KISS
  • Take on Me - a-ha
  • Love Song - Simple Minds
  • Call Me - Blondie
  • Since You Been Gone - Rainbow
  • Relax - Frankie Goes To Hollywood
  • The Warrior - Scandal, Patty Smyth
  • We Built This City - Starship
  • The Final Countdown - Europe
  • Zero to Hero - Star-Lord Band
  • Space Riders with No Names - Star-Lord Band

All 30 of these tracks will be played in-game, although streamers can toggle the licensed music off to avoid copyright strikes. “Stream-safe” alternatives will be played instead should this option be chosen.

Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy will be released on PS5, PS4, Xbox Series X/S, Xbox One, PC, and Nintendo Switch on October 26. A full-length album of the soundtrack will also be available at the same time.

For more from the Guardians, read our full preview, which delves into the game’s ambitious team-based combat system. You can also check out a cinematic introducing the team's space dog, Cosmo, and how the developer has moved to a 4-day working week.

Matt Purslow is IGN's UK News and Entertainment Writer.

Continue reading...